This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio designer error- Object does not match target type

1 Answer 145 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alaa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alaa asked on 22 Dec 2015, 01:06 PM

In Visual Studio 2012 I have problem with a RadGridView using a project binding source.  It happened after making a change in my code and recompiling.

Sometimes the problem will magically go away after clicking on a different control and then clicking on the grid again. Other times I have to completely close VS and reopen it.

Hopefully someone has suggestions on how to fix it.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Dec 2015, 10:42 AM
Hi Alaa,

Can you tell me what you mean by "project binding source"? Is it that the project is bound to a source control?

The described behavior sounds as a common issue with the VS designer and I am afraid that without a project that reproducing it I cannot tell what is causing it. However, you can try resolving it by manually deleting the "bin" and "obj" folders, and then Clean, and Rebuild the project. You can also check if the issue is reproducible with the WPF native DataGrid control. In addition, you can take a look at the Output window of Visual Studio and see if there are any errors at runtime.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Alaa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or