I am using VirtualQueryableCollectionView with RadGridView and at the same time multiselection mode.
It was already discussed previously with no real solution as far as I know.
When select all (Ctrl+A) is called, all items are loaded into memory which defeats the virtualization and is useless.
So what are the possibilities to fix it?
- Use single selection mode, which is not a solution.
- Use indexes instead of items.
- Use item identifiers if available instead of items.
- Use proxied item objects with knowledge of loaded state and internally loadable when required, which is quite complex.
- Limit maximum number of selected items to reasonable value (LoadSize) and add selection events based on indices.
Just my thoughts. I think I will take the last way... and You?