v2009.2.826 SeparatedButtons causes issues in Firefox

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Iggy
    Iggy avatar
    40 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 Link to this post

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the ASP.NET AJAX RadControls (v. 2009.2 826) and now my SeparatedButtons hack on my toolbars isn't working correctly.  In IE everything looks great, but in Firefox 3 the toolbar has a minimum height (maybe 5px) and the buttons and displayed under the toolbar.  If I remove the SeparatedButtons class attribute from the Toolbar then it works fine in Firefox (except all buttons are now pushed to the left)

In IE 7 (and IE8): Toolbar in IE

In Firefox 3: Toolbar in Firefox

I'm going to see what I can track down in Firefox but I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and already solved it.

The SeparatedButtons hack I'm talking about can be found here:
  2. Albert Shenker
    Albert Shenker avatar
    550 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Sorry, don't have a fix (but would appreciate a post from anyone who finds one)... However, I am encountering this same issue in the 2009 Q2 assembly (2009.2.701.35), not the latest one. My FIrefox just updated to version 3.5.2, so maybe that is where the problem occurs, not the relative version of the Telerrik controls?

P.S, it would be great if telerik creates an embedded seperated buttons solution for the toolbar, rather than this hack which seems to be getting more and more fragile :)
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Alex Gyoshev
    Alex Gyoshev avatar
    2497 posts

Posted 31 Aug 2009 Link to this post

Hello guys,

The issue is caused by the floating button - you should be able to work-around it by setting the height of the toolbar.

@Albert: You are right. We'll think of something - I've logged it as a feature request.

Best wishes,
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.