This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

v2009.2.826 SeparatedButtons causes issues in Firefox

2 Answers 33 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iggy asked on 27 Aug 2009, 03:59 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest version of the ASP.NET AJAX RadControls (v. 2009.2 826) and now my SeparatedButtons hack on my toolbars isn't working correctly.  In IE everything looks great, but in Firefox 3 the toolbar has a minimum height (maybe 5px) and the buttons and displayed under the toolbar.  If I remove the SeparatedButtons class attribute from the Toolbar then it works fine in Firefox (except all buttons are now pushed to the left)

In IE 7 (and IE8): Toolbar in IE

In Firefox 3: Toolbar in Firefox

I'm going to see what I can track down in Firefox but I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and already solved it.

FYI...
The SeparatedButtons hack I'm talking about can be found here:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/toolbar/button-alignment-questions.aspx

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 27 Aug 2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry, don't have a fix (but would appreciate a post from anyone who finds one)... However, I am encountering this same issue in the 2009 Q2 assembly (2009.2.701.35), not the latest one. My FIrefox just updated to version 3.5.2, so maybe that is where the problem occurs, not the relative version of the Telerrik controls?

P.S, it would be great if telerik creates an embedded seperated buttons solution for the toolbar, rather than this hack which seems to be getting more and more fragile :)
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2009, 09:09 AM
Hello guys,

The issue is caused by the floating button - you should be able to work-around it by setting the height of the toolbar.

@Albert: You are right. We'll think of something - I've logged it as a feature request.

Best wishes,
Alex
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron