This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using Q1 2009 Skin in 2008

3 Answers 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Mila
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Mila asked on 01 May 2009, 06:38 PM
Hello,

I searched the forums, but it seems everyone is having the opposite problem of me.  I want to use the newer WebBlue skin in the older 2008 (2008.2.826.35) version.  I tried the usual steps for adding a custom skin, I took the WebBlue skin from the new version, and put it into my application directory, set EnableEmbeddedSkins=false, and then added the <link> line to the css.  However, this did not work.  Do I also need to change the name of the skin to be something other than WebBlue (since that is a built-in skin)?  I wouldn't think so.  So I looked through the css of the old and new skins, and they are quite different.  Is there a (relatively) easy way of using the new WebBlue look in the older release?  We really like the new look and it will become our default look for all of our dozen or so applications, however, we cannot upgrade to Q1 2009 for other reasons (not skin-related).  I searched the posts, but I couldn't find anyone who has attempted this already.

Thanks,
Brian

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Brian Mila,

Usually we don't support backwards conversion of the skins. That siad, some of RadControls don't have much rendering changes and will work directly with older releases - RadComboBox is one such control. Others though require more changes to support the old releases. We can convert some of the skins for you, but we will need you to open a support ticket and list the RadControls you use and need WebBlue for. Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Brian Mila
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2009, 07:22 PM
Hi Kamen,

Ok, that's what I kinda figured.  I've already started working on the radmenu, and was able to make minor changes to the css, and crop some images from the newer sprite file to get it to look reasonably close.  The next up is the grid and then the tabstrip, which I fear will not be as easy.  I will take a crack at it but if I get hopelessly stuck then I may need to open a support ticket for help.

Thanks,
Brian
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2009, 06:58 AM
Hi Brian Mila,

The Tabstrip should be easy to port but there are a few changes in RadGrid listed here. Please do not hesitate to send us a support ticket if you need any assistance.

Regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brian Mila
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Brian Mila
Top achievements
Rank 1