Using jQuery 1.4.2 w/ 2009.3.1314

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jason Reis
    Jason Reis avatar
    4 posts

Posted 18 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Is it okay to use jQuery 1.4.2 with Telerik.Web.UI version 2009.3.1314?  I've done this...

<TelerikControls:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"
                <Scripts> 
                    <asp:ScriptReference Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" Path="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" /> 

Thanks,
    Jason
  2. T. Tsonev
    Admin
    T. Tsonev avatar
    2772 posts

Posted 19 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hi Jason,

We've spotted a number of issues with our controls when upgrading to jQuery 1.4.2. We haven't classified them in details and fixed them on the spot instead, so I can't give you a full list of the issues you might encounter.

If your scenario is easy to test and you can't spot any issues, then go ahead and use it. Otherwise we recommend that you upgrade to Q1. As an alternative you can let the controls use the embedded version and load 1.4.2 separately on the page. This is a supported scenario, but it's not ideal in terms of loading speed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Tsvetomir Tsonev
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017