This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to 1001 RadUploadModule Error in web.config

3 Answers 194 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dennis asked on 13 Oct 2008, 01:32 PM
Ater upgrading to the 1001 release, I am now receiving the following error from my web.config. Is this reference no longer required in the file (or was this something that I had left over from previous versions that I had progressed through)? I can't find the class when I browse the namespaces.

Thanks.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG)) (web.config line 89)

Source Error:

Line 87:     <httpModules>
Line 88:       <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
Line 89:       <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" />
Line 90:     </httpModules>
Line 91:     <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2048000" executionTimeout="600" />

Source File: web.config    Line: 89

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 13 Oct 2008, 02:44 PM
Hi Dennis,

No, there are no changes regarding that. As the assembly cannot be found, I believe the problem is caused by some configuration change - did you add any child web applications to the main web site? Can you also check if the Telerik.Web.UI assembly is located in the website bin folder (applicable if you use bin deployment) or in the GAC (applicable if you use GAC deployment)?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2008, 04:59 PM

I had to remove the HTTP Handler, too (Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx) from the web.config.

I did have some other initial problems, but there have been no structure or file changes to the application, as that is being held static while I am trying to upgrade my controls. Only one project uses the Telerik Controls.

The process was: I uninstalled the previous version, installed 1001, open up VS and dropped the Telerik reference to the DLL, added the new reference.

I did have some other problems where VS would not recognize the new reference in the ASPX pages through the Register. Also, Telerik.Web.UI does not automatically show up as a .NET reference in the Add Reference (I browse for the DLL), but the charting control does.

I don't remember how I fixed it for the aspx pages, but I was able to get the DLL recognized. I did different things like, copying it locally into the bin directory, registering into the GAC, flipping the local copy property, etc. I'm not 100% sure it is a stable install, but I need to move forward and it works at this point. But what doesn't work is the upload (obviously).

The install is on Vista x64 and Visual Studio 2008. I haven't had problems with previous upgrade installs, but this one really has been an issue for me. Also, when I specify the default location through the install, it ignores what I put (for example, I try to force it under Program Files but it still places it under Program Files (x86) for Vista x64) - this was an initial with other releases, too.

Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2008, 07:08 AM
Hi Dennis,

Up to your questions:

The .NET tab of the Add Reference dialog only holds assemblies, that are added to the GAC. If the Telerik.Web.UI assembly is not in the GAC, you should add a bin-reference (i.e. by browsing the file path).

The Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders are special for 64bit Windows operating systems. As our installer and our assemblies are 32-bit, the installer installs them to the Program Files (x86) folder even if you've pointed them to the Program Files one.

To my regret I am unable to find the reason for the error you get. Can you please, install the attached project to your server and try running it? It runs fine on my side (IIS6, IIS7, Visual Studio Web Server) and if it does not on yuor side, that could mean that there is something wrong with the .NET framework installation.configuration.

Please note, that as the forum is public, the package uses the trial assemblies.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Dennis
Top achievements
Rank 1