This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Update Issue with RadControls for WPF (Version: 2009.1 312)

1 Answer 69 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Clint Tennill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Clint Tennill asked on 16 Mar 2009, 10:03 AM
Hi,

I had downloaded the latest DLLs in the RadControls for WPF (Version: 2009.1 312). The existing project has started giving some errors as follows:

1. The property 'IsHierarchyRoot' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation'

2. The type 'telerik:GridViewBackground' was not found.

3. The type 'telerik:NavigationPresenter' was not found.

Please Advice. Is there any new DLL that need to be referred?

Regards
Ashish Garg

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Deshev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2009, 09:37 AM
Hello Ashish,

Those changes are part of our efforts to optimize the templates inside RadGridView. I will try to describe what happened to each of them below:

1. IsHierarchyRoot was a quick hack we introduced before a previous release that we deleted. It was used to distinguish if a GridViewDataControl instance is the top-level control (i.e. a RadGridView control) or a hierarchy child. We are now using different settings for the hierarchy root and its children in the RadGridView and GridViewDataControl templates respectively.
  2. We removed the GridViewBackGround control because it was virtually impossible to synchronize backgrounds and vertical gridlines with the grid columns and cells. That responsibility has been delegated to the grid cell objects and the background and vertical grid lines logic has been moved to the cell templates.
  3. We have renamed the NavigationPresenter to IndicatorPresenter as it was really used to display headers and special indicators for the grid view rows.

I believe you see those errors in your customized Simple theme (as described in your separate support ticket). I have already sent the updated theme in that ticket, and I am attaching the theme to this forum post.

Greetings,
Hristo Deshev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Clint Tennill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Deshev
Telerik team
Share this question
or