Unable to update telerik Web.UI VS Extension in VS2010

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Nicola
    Nicola avatar
    2 posts

Posted 29 Nov 2011 Link to this post

This is the message Box I receive. Maybe the filename is too long?

Many thanks.

---------------------------
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Impossibile installare l'estensione perché si è verificato il seguente errore:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nicola\Impostazioni locali\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Telerik\Telerik WebUI VSExtensions\2011.3.1125.0\ProjectTemplates\Telerik\Web\TlrkASPNETAJAXCSWebSiteTk.zip: TlrkASPNETAJAXCSWebSiteTk.vstemplate
    OK   

2. Answer
    Petar
    Admin
    Petar avatar
    219 posts

Posted 29 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hello Nicola,

I think that the problem is with too long paths, too. To resolve the issue you can manually install the Telerik WebUI VSExtensions as admin. Here are steps you need to follow:
    1. Download the latest vsix installer (download link for ease);
    2. Open the Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt and navigate to the location where you downloaded the vsix file;
    3. Run the command: VsixInstaller.exe /admin [VsixFileName].vsix

This command will attempt to install the VS Extension in the Visual Studio 2010 install location where the target path calculated will be shorter.

I hope the suggestion will help you to install the latest Telerik WebUI VSExtensions. If you have any further questions, please write us again.

Regards,

Petar
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Nicola
    Nicola avatar
    2 posts

Posted 30 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Many thanks, this fixed the problem.