This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to cast object of type

5 Answers 87 Views
DataFilter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Randy Doughty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Randy Doughty asked on 14 Sep 2010, 06:38 PM
I have a simple datagrid that i am using the RadDataFilter on. When i test locally all is as it should be but when i publish to the web i get the following error:

Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadComboBoxAutomationPeer' to type 'System.Windows.Automation.Peers.SelectorAtuomationPeer'

I get the error when activating the fields dropdown to select a field to filter. The error isnt fatal as after i clear the error message i can proceed. the error occurs again when i access the comparison dropdown. Again after clearing the error i can proceed to the textbox and the filter functions normally.

Any help is appreciated.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 15 Sep 2010, 06:44 AM
Hi Randy Doughty,

This issues has already been addressed. May I ask you to download your latest Internal Build which contains a fix for this issue.

Kind regards,
Milan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Randy Doughty
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2010, 09:43 PM
I tried the latest build without effect. I have discovered something that seems to effect the problem. My development workstation is running Windows 7 64bit (the error occurs when running locally or via web on this machine). My web server is running Windows Server 2008 64bit. I have another workstation running Windows 7 32bit and the problem doesnt appear on it wheather running the application locally or over the web. Same code, same version of everything accept the 32bit operating system on the client machine.

Seems to be a problem only when running on a 64bit client.

Thanks, Randy
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2010, 06:58 AM
Hello Randy,

We have such problem with 2010 Q2 Service Pack 1 but it is already fixed in the latest internal build (LIB).
As we are unable to reproduce it could you please send us your project so that we can investigate what is wrong?

(In order to attach files you have to open a support ticket.)

Waiting for your input.

Greetings,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Randy Doughty
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 10:02 PM
I tried everything to clean and rebuild the project with the latest build but nothing corrected the problem until I started the project from scratch. The new project doesnt have the problem so the latest internal build is fixed as long as you start fresh.

Thanks,
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 09:33 AM
Hi Randy Doughty,

Sometimes Visual Studio is locking obj folder and keeps references to the old assemblies.
The best way to upgrade to remove the old references, add the new way, clean the project, close VS, remove Bin and Obj folders then open VS and rebuild the project.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Tags
DataFilter
Asked by
Randy Doughty
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Randy Doughty
Top achievements
Rank 1