This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

UI Changes in RadEditor 2012/Q2

1 Answer 14 Views
ImageEditor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian asked on 29 May 2013, 05:29 PM
I have a 2012/Q2 RadEditor that was upgraded from version 2011/Q2.  There is a major difference in the UI of the image editor component.  It's more full featured, but I preferred the simple image editor that was in 2011.  

Is there a way through configuration, or a custom patch that I could restore the image editor that was in the 2011 version?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivaylo
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2013, 12:23 PM
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your inquiry.

In order to achieve the desired modification you have to customize the built-in dialogs of your control, which is explained in details in the Editor - Customize Built-in Dialogs demo. It is important that the dialogs should belong to the same release as the controls in your application do. 

Having this in mind, you have to copy the EditorDialogs folder to your application and set the ExternalDialogsPath to point to it, e.g.:
<telerik:RadEditor ExternalDialogsPath="~/EditorDialogs/" runat="server" ID="RadEditor1"></telerik:RadEditor>

In ImageEditor.ascx dialog you will find the tool group that is currently defined for the ImageEditor control and you can remove the tools you do not need to use. Furthermore, if you are using a version following the Q3 2012 release, you also have to disable the CanvasMode feature in order to fully rollback to the UI and functionality of the 2011 release:
<telerik:RadImageEditor ID="RadImageEditor1" runat="server" EnableResize="false" CanvasMode="No">
<telerik:ImageEditorToolGroup>
    <telerik:ImageEditorTool CommandName="Print" />
    <telerik:ImageEditorToolSeparator />
    <telerik:ImageEditorToolStrip CommandName="Undo" />
    <telerik:ImageEditorToolStrip CommandName="Redo" />
    <telerik:ImageEditorTool CommandName="Reset" />
    <telerik:ImageEditorToolSeparator />

I hope that the provided solution has been helpful.

Regards,
Ivaylo
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ImageEditor
Asked by
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivaylo
Telerik team
Share this question
or