This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TTF couldnot get the AutomationId in GridViewCell / TextBlock tag.

1 Answer 63 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hoang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hoang asked on 31 Jul 2014, 04:25 AM
We have a textblock in a cell as below:

<contentpresenter Name="PART_ContentPresenter" Uid="40569470">
      <textblock AutomationId="CellElement_0_0" Uid="29580916">3</textblock>
    </contentpresenter>

I am using TTF in Visual Studio. When we start script to catch this cell/textblock. It gets object successfully but in textblock tag, i don't see the AutomationId element. 

However, after i turn on the Inspect.exe tool to try to verify properties on my product, i re-run my script, i see the AutomationId element appears in textblock tag. 

If I turn off inspect tool, restart my application, re-run my script again, i don't see the AutomationId element in textblock tag.... :(

I really need to get the AutomationId property to use it to get exactly data cell i need to work on.

Maybe the inspect tool performs any action on my application,... i am not sure. Could you please help me on this ? do i need to set any configuration in my script ?

Thanks and Regards,
Hoang.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2014, 01:20 PM
Hi Hoang,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am not sure I understand you correctly. Where you don't see the Automation ID and how you get the object?

Jing video demonstrating the issue may also help us to better understand what is happening. The screenshots you have sent us are not from Test Studio.

Any additional information will help us better understand the problem.

You can also grant us a direct access to your application so we can debug the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Boyan Boev
Telerik

Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Hoang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Boev
Telerik team
Share this question
or