This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TileView broken with 2011.2.920.1040 build

3 Answers 50 Views
TileView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian asked on 18 Oct 2011, 08:25 PM
We have a TileView control that has a list of user controls for it's source.  The TileView control uses a template selector to determine what control to show pending the source item.  We have two templates (user controls) that are used and in both of them we do some things in the code behind with the DataContext of the user control (which is the item from the TileView source list).

This all works fine until you start maximizing different items of the TileView control.  In the code behind of our template user control, the DataContext is null.  The list of TileView items is initially loaded correctly, but when you maximize a new item, the data context in the code behind is null.

This works fine with the previous build of Telerik_2011_2_0712.  If I simply change our references to point to the 0712 build, things work fine.  If I switch it back to the 0920 build, the null data context issue occurs.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi Brian,
Could you please send us some code snippets or a sample project that reproduces this issue, so that we could look into it and find the root the problem? I've attached the project that I used for testing so you could examine it and see if this is what you do in your project.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Zarko
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2011, 09:06 PM
I have taken your solution and am trying to reproduce the error with it by having it mirror my project as much as possible but I can't get the issue to occur.  I am guessing the issue is not really related to the TileView control but to some other control that we are using as part of the application.  I wish I could just send you our entire solution but that certainly won't work.  I am going to keep trying to introduce the issue into the sample project.

Is there a list of known issues with the 0920 release?  Perhaps I can comb through that to see if something from there may be causing our issue.  It's very clear in our case that the issue occurs with the 0920 release but is fine with the 0712 release,

Tks.
Petar Mladenov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2011, 05:09 PM
Hello Brian,

We could prepare such list for you , but is it possible for you to elaborate more on the controls used in your application ? Since sending the entire solution is not an option, you can at least send us your XAML or part of it. On the other hand, you can try the dlls from the Beta or the latest internal builds and see if the problem still occurs. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
Petar Mladenov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
TileView
Asked by
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zarko
Telerik team
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1