This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

TileView

5 Answers 55 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sheik
Top achievements
Rank 1
sheik asked on 17 Feb 2016, 10:01 AM
I'm using telerik tile view in my application, when I mouse over the minimize and maximize the button on the tile, it displayed the message correctly in "en", What should I do to make the text(Minimize, Maximize) as localized

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peshito
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2016, 07:38 AM
Hello,

Please take a look at the Localization help article where you can find more information on the localization topic.

Simply locate the application initialization logic and add some code in the method for Startup in App.xaml.cs:
public App()
{
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("de");
    Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("de");
}
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Peshito
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
sheik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 11:58 AM

Hello Peshito,

Thanks for your reply.

Your replay was change application to different culture, but I need something different

I'm using RadTileView control inside the UserControl and I tested with the following scenario

1. Run the application with English culure

- When I mouse over the RadTileView, the tooltip was "Maximize"

2. Run the Application with German culture

- When I mouse over the RadTileView, the tooltip was "Maximum", but  I need "Maximieren" like this

so what is the best way to translate the tooltip over the telerik control?

sheik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 01:48 PM

Hi Peshito

May be for the TileView the Localization is not implemented

because I installed new version of TeleriCore 2015.1.1 it works :)

Peshito
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2016, 08:15 AM
Hello,

If I understood you correctly you managed to solve the issue and it works fine using newer version of our controls. If I am wrong however and you still experience the issue, could you elaborate a bit more on the scenario. Could you double check that you applied the change over the App.xaml.cs? A sample runnable project or code snippets would also be helpful.

Regards,
Peshito
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
sheik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2016, 09:39 AM

Hi Peshito,

Sorry for making you to confuse :)

Actually in my application using NuGetPackages for telerik controls, but unfortunately didn't include the resource library (Telerik.Windows.Controls.resources), so that its not translating the tooltip on tile view, After including the this resource dll into my NuGetPackage, it solves the issues

Anyway thanks for your support.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sheik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peshito
Telerik team
sheik
Top achievements