Telerik controls not working after move

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Lynn
    Lynn avatar
    186 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2006

    Posted 26 Aug 2010 Link to this post


    I have been developing a new .aspx application using several of the Telerik controls.  The application has been working fine on the development machine where the Telerik controls were auto-installed.

    I have just moved the entire web site up to a production Windows Server 2008 machine for final testing and am having several issues with the Telerik controls.

    (1) The combo box has no "button" for opening the list and, therefore, no combo drop down functionality.
    (2) The RAD Window doesn't open at all.
    (3) The grid (when using the "black" skin) shows the data correctly, but there are no backgrounds/bars on the grid at all.

    When trying to "click the mouse around the combo where the drop down button should be", there are no errors being encountered at all.  On a page where the Rad Window should be displayed when a specific button is pressed, there are Javascript errors occurring, but I have not yet identified where the errors are coming from.  But the RAD Window never opens up and (other than the Javascript errors on the page) there are no other errors being encountered.

    Does anyone have an idea what is missing from the project that would result in these issues?  As I said, I moved the entire project in one move.  The only difference is that the Telerik controls "installed" on the development machine and not on the server.

    Thanks in advance to anyone who can point in the right direction!

  2. Answer
    Dimo avatar
    8318 posts

    Posted 26 Aug 2010 Link to this post

    Hi Lynn,

    Please make sure that the website is configured properly with regard to embedded resource handlers. It seems to me that currently you have no RadControls Javascript and CSS files registered on the page on the production server.

    All the best,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. Lynn
    Lynn avatar
    186 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2006

    Posted 26 Aug 2010 Link to this post


    Thank you for your assistance.  To be 100% honest, the links you gave me were very helpful but not the whole answer.  This link
    was also needed to finally resolve the matter.  Your links eventually identified the two (2) lines of code I was missing in my web.config file:

    <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"/>

    But the info in the link above told me that I needed to remove the "version" parameters that some of the other links told me I needed.  Once I removed the "version" parameters from the above 2 lines of code, everything ran as it should have.

    Also (and I don't add this to criticize you in any manner because I truly appreciate your assistance), all of the instructions in the links you sent me told me to remove certain _axd-related lines of code from the System.web section of my web.config file and add the lines of code to the "handlers" portion of the System.webServer section of my web.config file.  When I did this, things went from bad to worse because my web.config had its own entries to "remove" those other lines (refer to the code below that was already in my "handlers" section of the "system.webServer" section.

    <remove name="ChartImage_axd"/>
    <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
    <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd"/>
    <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
    <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx"/>
    <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
    <remove name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx"/>
    <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
    <remove name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd"/>
    <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>

    As I said, I'm not being critical of you in bringing this up, but when I first saw these lines of code, I was confused because it didn't match to the Telerik documentation in the links you sent me.  Visual Studio 2010 must be doing things differently than some of Telerik's older documentation shows.

    Thanks again for the assistance.  You put me on the path of getting this corrected!  Two thumbs up!
  5. Brad
    Brad avatar
    6 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2014

    Posted 16 May 2014 in reply to Lynn Link to this post

    Grazie Milli!  I've spent two days surfing before finding your simple code of adding two lines to the wed config.  chin chin!
Back to Top