This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Your file waiting to be printed was deleted

1 Answer 258 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Phil asked on 19 Sep 2016, 03:29 PM

We're getting this error in our code. Here's the full stacktrace:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Your file waiting to be printed was deleted
   at System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController.OnEndPage(PrintDocument document, PrintPageEventArgs e)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.PrintLoop(PrintDocument document)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document)
   at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.PrintReport(ReportSource reportSource, PrinterSettings printerSettings) in c:\temp\reporting\RBuild-6690\Reporting_Build\Source\Code\Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor\ReportProcessor.PrintReport.cs:line 61
   at ABB.QC.ReportPrinter.Telerik.Printer.PrintReport(ReportType reportType, String scannerAlias) in ... \ReportPrinter\Telerik\Printer.cs:line 80

This error only occurs when the report printer application is called from a windows service. If we call it directly it works, which leads me to believe it's a permissions issue. I don't know where the file waiting to be deleted is, can somebody from Telerik cast some light on this for me?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2016, 05:54 AM
Hello Phil,

Do you test the windows service on the same machine? If not do you use the same driver on both computers? Generally after some research we have discovered that such exception occurs on VMWare virtual machines. If this is not the case try with another service account - Service User Accounts. Additionally you may find useful this stackoverflow thread.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Phil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Share this question
or