This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException on Telerik Q1 2008

3 Answers 286 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 31 Jul 2008, 12:08 AM

Occasionally, I got the same message Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException:: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

Details: Error Parsing near 'Telerik.Web.UI.2008.'.
I thought it only happened on Telerik 2007 version. Are you sure it caused by my version is still a trial version one or something else ?

John Hadikusumo

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Jul 2008, 12:50 AM
John-

Sorry to see you're having trouble. Is this message part of another conversation? It looks like you were continuing a thought, so please let me know if there is another thread that describes your problem in more detail.

That aside, it's hard to say what's causing this problem without seeing some code. Can you please open a support ticket and provide a sample app the recreates this problem or post some sample of your code here to the forums? That will help us quickly see what's going on and try to provide you with a solution. In general, your trial version should not be causing an error like this, so there is probably an issue with some other code on your page.

Hope to help more-
Todd
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Aug 2011, 07:21 AM
This is an exception i get in my application, This doesn't happen often, but happens some times

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

Error parsing near '<!DOCTYPE html PUB'.

Can any one please help me on this?

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2011, 11:17 AM
Hi Alex,

I think that the information from these public forum posts will help you deal with the sporadic exception you receive:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/intermittent-pagerequestmanagerparsererrorexception.aspx

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/ajax/384580-radscriptmanager-error.aspx

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alex
Top achievements