This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Summary record - display custom values instead of progress bar

3 Answers 139 Views
Gantt
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Piotr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Piotr asked on 01 Sep 2014, 11:27 AM
Hi

I’m looking for a specific functionality in gantt chart control. For example: i
have a record where <Summary> property has a "true" value and
it’s a parent container for three particular child operations. By default this
record that i've mentioned above is displaying as  a status progressbar
(percent). But despite / instead of that i’d like to see additional blank
spaces, it means a time periods where is a gap between start/end values.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2014, 06:25 AM
Hi,

The desired look is not supported by the Gantt widget, since by specification the Summary task has to be displayed as a progress bar, showing the combined status of its child tasks, and this is tightly integrated into the logic as well (for instance dragging the summary task will drag all the children). 

If you've seen a gantt implementation with the aforementioned feature, could you share a link so that we can inspect it?

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Piotr
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2014, 01:55 PM
Hi,

In project planning, gantt chart show start and finish dates, critical and non-critical activities, slack time, and predecessor-successor relationships. And slack (float) time is exactly this point that i'd like to achieve. Slack time defined by the soft is the slack time for
entire path – not for any one specific task. The software doesn’t allocate the extra time across multiple tasks, and if one task on a path uses all the slack time, ther is no slack time for the others along the path.

But meanwhile i've found something what could be solution (dataBound: function()). Below a piece of code responsible for coloring  progressbar  depending on its current value:

dataBound: function() {
var gantt = this;

gantt.element.find(".k-task").each(function(e) {
var dataItem = gantt.dataSource.getByUid($(this).attr("data-uid"));

// colorize task per business requirements
if (dataItem.percentComplete < .5) {
this.style.backgroundColor = "#f99";
} else {
this.style.backgroundColor = "#9f9";
}
});

Perhaps it will be substitute for my issue, generally i'd like to colour places on a chart where a gaps appears. But i have no idea how to iterate through entire tasks collection and found and very next mark these places directly on a control. I'll be grateful for any useful clue or a piece of code.

Best regards

Luke

Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Sep 2014, 10:20 AM
Hello,

The GanttDataSource offers a rich API which gives you several functions to traverse the tasks with. You can find every function and what it does in our API Reference:
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/framework/ganttdatasource#methods

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Tags
Gantt
Asked by
Piotr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Piotr
Top achievements
Rank 1