This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SubReport in PageHeader Telerik Reporting 2009 Q2

3 Answers 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
Charlie asked on 29 Jul 2009, 05:56 PM
I am getting the following error message when I try to drag and drop a Subreport in the PageHeader Section of my report.  I can add the Subreport to the ReportHeader, but not the PageHeader.  Why??????

Error Message:  Cannot add subReport1(Telerik.Reporting.SubReport) to pageHeaderSection1(Telerik.Reporting.PageHeaderSection)

I am using  Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Telerik Reporting 2009 Q2

Thanks,

Charlie J.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2009, 04:41 PM
Hello Charlie,

Page headers and footers are not related to the report itself, but are relative to the margins of the report's media, i.e. to the paper or screen thus they cannot shrink/grow. However subreports generally tend to grow, so they're not feasible to use and that is why we have disallowed adding them to page sections.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
hazem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2011, 08:48 PM
But it may be useful if i need to make a static page header composed of the same controls to display in each page header
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 08:40 AM
Hello hazem,

You can always create a base report with the desired header and inherit it. After all Telerik Reports are standard .NET classes. For more info, check the following forum thread.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
hazem
Top achievements
Rank 1