Styling tabitem

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Gama
    Gama avatar
    18 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2011 Link to this post

I am trying to change the selected tab's background color.  I've managed to do this the following code, but when i run the project, I can't select any tabs at all.  Nothing happens when I click a tab.

<Style TargetType="{x:Type telerik:RadTabItem}">
            <Setter Property="Template">
                    <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type telerik:RadTabItem}">
                        <Grid >
                                 CornerRadius="6,6,0,0" >
                                <ContentPresenter x:Name="ContentSite"  Margin="12,2,12,2" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" ContentSource="Header"/>
                            <Trigger Property="IsSelected" Value="True">
                                <Setter TargetName="Border" Property="Background" Value="LightBlue" />
                            <Trigger Property="IsSelected" Value="False">
                                <Setter TargetName="Border" Property="Background" Value="LightGray" />
  2. Tina Stancheva
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

Posted 23 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hi Gama,

When you edit the ControlTemplate of the RadTabItem you need to keep the x:Name property of the Grid control that hosts the ControlTemplate elements of the item:
    <Grid x:Name="wrapper">
        <Border x:Name="Border" Background="LightBlue" BorderBrush="Black"
                BorderThickness="1,1,1,1" CornerRadius="6,6,0,0">
            <ContentPresenter Margin="12,2,12,2"

This name is used in the implementation logic of the control and this is why is a required part of the template of the RadTabItem. Give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Tina Stancheva
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner