This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Stylemanager crash 2013Q2 when using xaml in class library

6 Answers 62 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kenny asked on 21 Aug 2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Telerik,

I'm testing the telerik components in order to see if we could use them in our products. I was very happy to see the nice themes you guys provide. Although, I can't make StyleManager work.

There is no problem when creating a WPF application, but the following project produces errors all the time (unable to locate the source for Themes.cs):

I create a class library with some XAMLs. This class library is registered to be com accessible in order to make 3d party softwares (managed and unmanaged) able to use our dll. This fails however when I use a stylemanager anywhere on the XAML.

I've provided 2 solutions as an example. testTelerikStyleManager creates the com accessible dll (and also a debug forms application => In which the stylemanager doesn't provide an error) and testTelerikStyleManager2 which has a forms application that will create an instance of our com-accessible dll. That's where stylemanager crashes.

download: http://www.dstudiofs.eu/uitwissel/testTelerikStyleManager.rar

If you would like to test on your machines, the workflow is:
1 build testTelerikStyleManager in debug mode to register Class1 for com interop
2 open testTelerikStyleManager2 and start debugging.... The error should be shown in a MessageBox when clicking the button

Kind regards

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 11:46 AM
Hi,

It is fairly easy to reproduce the problem. We have narrowed the problem to Window8 and Windows8Touch themes. It appears that it is something with the dynamic resources we are using. The errors however are somewhat cryptic and we will need more time to fix the issue. I can not commit to a time-frame at the moment.

Regards,
Pana
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 12:32 PM
Hi Pana,

That is not a problem, as long as you guys can ensure me that this will be fixed in a future release, as this is somehow very important..

Kind regards.
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2013, 03:29 PM
Hello,

We will not be able to fix that problem soon. I would recommend you to use one of the other themes. Window8 and Windows8Touch currently do not support your scenario. The fix for that issue will involve massive changes throughout the XAML for all our controls and we will not be able to push this in our timeframe.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Pana
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2013, 02:04 PM
Hi Pana,

That's somehow dissapointing.
I hope you guys fix this one day.

Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2014, 09:59 AM
Any news on this thread yet?

Are the new Office themes compatible?
Masha
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2014, 06:58 AM
Hi Kenny,

I am afraid the problem has not been fixed yet.

Regarding question about the new Office2013 theme, it is an external theme, which means that it can only be set with Implicit Styles. You can find more about it in the following help article:
http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/common-styling-appearance-office2013-theme.html

Please excuse us for any inconvenience caused. 

Regards,
Masha
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pana
Telerik team
Kenny
Top achievements
Rank 1