This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Strange AggregateFunctions behavior in 2017.1.222.45

8 Answers 70 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Diego Modolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Diego Modolo asked on 09 May 2017, 11:54 AM

I've been using Telerik GridView for a while now, but in the above version I've started to have some problems with AggregateFunctions.

I have a Grid with a Sum function, but when I change it's data source, the sum value is not updated with the new values. The strange part is that, if I invalidated the column with the sum (scrolling it out of the screen, for example), then the value is updated.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2017, 02:55 PM
Hello Diego,

Please check the Aggregates are not updated troubleshooting article. There are 4 different possible approaches for overcoming this problem.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Diego Modolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
answered on 11 May 2017, 03:03 PM

Hi Yoan,

Has something changed from the previous version? When I build my project using 2016 I get the "normal" behavior, it's just with 2017 that the problem occcurs.

Besides that, I am binding the grid to a ObservableCollection that is set by Entity Framework (virtual property), and I use MVVM. Is there an event that I can subscribe to, so I can call Rebind?

Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2017, 11:35 AM
Hi Diego,

Changes were made in the older version (2016) because there was a bug related to the AggregateFunctions. However, we are not aware of AggregateFunction issues with our current version. Can you try using our latest official version - 2017.2.503? If this does not help, may I ask you to provide a sample project which demonstrates the issue? In this way, I will be able to debug it and will try to provide a possible solution.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik by Progress
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Diego Modolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
answered on 25 May 2017, 05:02 PM

Hi Yoan, 

I've tried updating the controls but with no success. 

I am attaching a sample project so you can reproduce the behavior. To test you should run the software and click on any item, then go to Tab 1, when you go back and select another item the sum on tab 1 is not updated.

As the forum won't allow me to upload rar files, I've renamed the extension to jpg.

Thanks in advance

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2017, 09:41 AM
Hi Diego,

Thank you for the update.

We are researching the case and the cause for this behavior, but we will need a little more time for this. We will update you as soon as possible. Hopefully, this will be no longer than tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Regards,
Stefan X1
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2017, 04:07 PM
Hello Diego,

Thank you for your patience.

The reported discrepancy of the AggregateFunctions between the two versions is due to a memory leak issue that was fixed. However, the workaround for it is quite straightforward. You can adopt the approach of using the RadTabControl instead and set its IsContentPreserved property to True. Would such an approach be feasible for you?

Regards,
Stefan X1
Progress Telerik
Diego Modolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
answered on 02 Jun 2017, 04:14 PM

Hi Stephan, 

Thank you for the answer.

Is this going to be fixed in a future release or this workaround is permanent?

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2017, 12:04 PM
Hi Diego,

We are currently in the process of investigating whether a fix for this issue can be provided, as we need to ensure that the previously fixed memory leak will not be affected in any manner. So, I have logged this as a bug report so you can track any status changes of the relevant item in the Feedback Portal: link. I have also updated your Telerik points as a gratitude for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
Stefan X1
Progress Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Diego Modolo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Yoan
Telerik team
Diego Modolo