Stand alone dialogs fail 2012.2.724.40

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Fit2Page
    Fit2Page avatar
    345 posts

Posted 08 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Stand alone dialogs are not working anymore when switching to 2012.2.724.40

I rebuild with your KB  article code and keep getting:

Bericht: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.DialogControls.ImageManagerDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +232
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Please help

2. Answer
    Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Posted 09 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

I am aware of this issue with RadEditor external dialogs coming from the latest Q2 2012 SP1 release. The problem is logged in our Public Issues Tracking System with ID 12099 and the fix will be available in the next SP release.
    In the meantime I could provide you with a workaround - see the attached project here.

Actually you need to apply the following line to each of the dialog definitions:
    Copy Code
    DialogDefinition imageManager = new DialogDefinition(typeof(ImageManagerDialog), imageManagerParameters);
    imageManager.Parameters["IsSkinTouch"] = false;
    DialogDefinition documentManager = new DialogDefinition(typeof(DocumentManagerDialog), documentManagerParameters);
    documentManager.Parameters["IsSkinTouch"] = false;

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. J
    J avatar
    5 posts

Posted 06 Sep 2012 Link to this post

You wouldn't believe how hard it's been to find this exact page. Google really shows its flaws when your not looking for something well known and easy to express in English. 

I can verify this workaround fixes the issue. 

For others searching for this page, here's some tags to help google - DialogOpener, RadDialogOpener, ImageManager, "image manager 
    ", "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", telerik, stand-alone, "without RadEditor", "null reference", http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/image-editor-with-dialog-opener.aspx, http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/editor/using-the-image-and-document-managers-outside-radeditor.aspx