This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Splitter Problem

3 Answers 137 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robin Lilly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robin Lilly asked on 21 Jul 2008, 06:15 PM

I am having a problem with attempting to hide panes and show panes within the splitter control. I have a demo that I can upload if needed.

When you attempt to hide a pane and splitter it throws js error.

The code below will thow the error (from your examples).  If you make the RadPane2 back to visible the JS error will quit happening. The splitter control is looking for that object.  As a work around I leave that pane RadPane2 visible but turn off the splitbar and slidingzone as shown. Ideally we should be able to turn the visibility off

<

telerik:RadSplitter id="RadSplitter1" runat="server" width="700" height="500">

<telerik:RadPane id="RadPane1" runat="server" width="22" scrolling="none">

<telerik:RadSlidingZone id="RadSlidingZone1" runat="server" width="22">

<telerik:RadSlidingPane id="RadSlidingPane2" title="Pane1" runat="server" width="150">

Pane 1 Content

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

</telerik:RadSlidingZone>

</telerik:RadPane>

<telerik:RadSplitBar id="Radsplitbar1" runat="server" ></telerik:RadSplitBar>

<telerik:RadPane id="MiddlePane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None">

<telerik:RadSplitter id="Radsplitter2" runat="server" height="400"

width="700" Orientation="Horizontal" Visible="True">

<telerik:RadPane id="Radpane2" Visible=False runat="server" height="22" scrolling="none">

<telerik:RadSlidingZone id="Radslidingzone2" Visible="False" runat="server" height="22" SlideDirection="Bottom">

<telerik:RadSlidingPane id="Radslidingpane5" title="Pane1" runat="server" height="150">

Pane1</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

</telerik:RadSlidingZone>

<telerik:RadSplitBar id="Radsplitbar3" Visible=False runat="server"></telerik:RadSplitBar>

<telerik:RadPane id="Radpane4" runat="server">

<div style ="padding:5px">

<h2>New product updates and features coming soon </h2>

</div>

</telerik:RadSplitter>

</telerik:RadSplitter>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2008, 03:11 PM
Hello Robin,

I prepared a test project based on the provided code. When I initially ran it, I got a js error "_locked is undefined" and I found out that the pane was not referenced correctly.

In order to avoid this error you should either set the nested splitter (RadSplitter2) ResizeWithParentPane property to false or remove the size settings you have set. By design, when a splitter is nested in a pane, it occupies 100% of the parent pane - you can turn off this functionality by setting the above mentioned property. Otherwise there is a logical error - it has two different size settings set.

After I set ResizeWithParentPane=false I tested different settings of the RadPane's Visible property and everything worked as expected. In case this is not the problem you report, please open a new support ticket and send me your sample project along with a detailed explanation of the problem, instructions and screenshots. Once I receive it, I will do my best to help.

Regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Robin Lilly
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jul 2008, 08:03 PM
Svetlina,

FYI - i just copied the online demo http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Splitter/Examples/SP_FirstLook/DefaultCS.aspx and turned panes on and off. So this example is from Telerik's website with the height and width tag set in your example.

If you want the parent pane to resize, and attempt to simply have the resize tag with/without height and width tags it throws an error :

ResizeWithParentPane

=True

ResizeWithParentPane

=True height="100%" width="100%"

The only way I could get the resize to work was to set it as follows:

ResizeWithParentPane

=False height="100%"  width="100%"

Robin

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jul 2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Robin,

The Visible property is inherited from the base WebControl class and it does not work very well in all scenarios. I am not sure about your exact scenario and why you need to hide the panes but I suggest to examine this online demo, which shows how to correctly dynamically add/remove RadPanes.

Best wishes,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Robin Lilly
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Robin Lilly
Top achievements
Rank 1