This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Spell Check Handler Server Error:12152

3 Answers 123 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marcus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcus asked on 01 Feb 2013, 08:25 AM
Hi!
I am using the RadSpell control with custom dictionarys enabled.
When a user is spellchecking a large text and are adding words to the custom dictionary he sometimes gets the following javascript alert error:
Spell Check Handler Server Error:12152
What is the exact errormessage for 12152?

Best regards
Marcus

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2013, 03:24 PM
Hello,

We are not aware of this error and you are the first to report it. This is all I have found in the net regarding a possible HTTP error 12152:

The server has been taken down momentarily for database or server maintenance, or there has been a network error. Please try again later.

And also:

Transport Status 12152 means Connection Closed by Server.

From MS instead, I found the following for the WinHTTP component:

ERROR_WINHTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE: The server response cannot be parsed.

I don't have much to add to it now. I would suggest you to try again the spellchecker on the problematic PCs and see whether the problem still persists. You can also search in Google for a solution for this problem.

Please let us know if you have any instructions on how to reproduce the problem on our side

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Marcus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2013, 05:17 PM
Hi again!
Thanks for your answer.
We have not been able to reproduce this in a controlled manner. A small number of our customers still report this behaviour.
Our website runs on two webservers and the dictonarys are placed on a network share on another server.
Is there a way to suppress this javascript error?

We have also had some errors when multiple users are adding words to the custom dictionary (same for all users):
The process cannot access the file '\\servername\RadSpell\sv-SE-Custom.txt' because it is being used by another process.
Is this something you have heard of before?

Best regards
Marcus
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2013, 11:36 AM
Hello,

The 12152 error could be due to custom words with special characters saved in the custom dictionary. Can you please remove the custom dictionary and see whether the problem still persists? You can also send us the custom txt file for examination.

As to the process cannot access error:

Please, also review the following KB article on the subject: "Another process is using the resource..." error message.

My suggestion is to install FileMon for Windows or Process Monitor on the server and see which user is trying to open this file.

If your application uses impersonation, you should grant access to the user which is used by the application.

If the Add To Dictionary feature brings more problems than benefits for your clients, you can disable it by setting the AllowAddCustom="false". After that you can import the missing words via the provided Dictionary Configurator tool.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Marcus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Marcus
Top achievements
Rank 1