This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SP2010 Migration - Missing Features

6 Answers 78 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ultra asked on 01 Sep 2011, 10:29 PM

Hi,

We currently have RadEditor 4.6.x installed on our SP2007 farm.  We are building a brand new SP2010 farm and migrate the content dbs over to this new farm via db attached.  Currently, I have installed RadEditor 5.8.10 on the new farm. 

In doing my preupgradecheck and test-spcontentdatabase commands, I am gettings the missing features reported on the databases (see below). As mentioned, I have already installed and deployed RadEditor 5.8.10  on the new farm. Why am I still getting these? Are these removed from the latest version? Please advise how I can resolve this. Thanks

Missing Feature: f374a3ca-f4a7-11db-827c-8dd056d89593, RadEditorFeatureIE

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone?    
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Ultra,

RadEditor for MOSS 5.x is designed to work with SharePoint 2007. If you have SharePoint 2010, you should be using RadEditor for SharePoint 2010, which is version 6.x (the latest one is 6.1.5).

Best wishes,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Sep 2011, 03:40 PM
Understood... but you are answering my question.  Why am I getting the missing feature error?  It looks like the RadEditorFeatureIE no longer existing starting from v5.8 and above. 
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 08:14 AM
Hello Ultra,

Yes, this feature does not exists any more. Now there are three features:
1. Use an accessible UI in RadEditor  
2. Use RadEditor to edit HTML fields
3. Use RadEditor to edit List Items

Check the following screen shot http://screencast.com/t/oxgSjS5pujh.

Best wishes,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Sep 2011, 03:34 PM
For for sites that currently uses the IE editor, will the new HTML field replacement detect it and replace it automatically?  How would one expect the users to know these things?
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2011, 08:03 AM
Hi Ultra,

In our online manual you can find in what scenarios and how you can use RadEditor for MOSS 5.x.
Using the RadEditor WebPart
Using RadEditor in List Items
Using RadEditor in Web Content Management scenario

In addition this manual come as a .chm file with the zip package of the control.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ultra
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stanimir
Telerik team