This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Some bugs

5 Answers 61 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Francis asked on 18 May 2011, 02:58 PM
Hey, here is some bugs I'm facing with my RadWindows and particularly the opener element.

1- When I minimize a RadWindow which is in fullscreen mode and click on its opener element, the window comes back in fullscreen but only wide-side, not height-side.

2- When I minimize a window and click its opener element, only the top bar of the window is visible. The only way I found to fix this is to put an animation to my RadWindowManager.

3- When my window is already shown and I click on its opener element again, the window does a quick refresh (flash), is it even possible to avoid that ?

and the last one even if I'm not sure if the opener element is reponsible for that...

4- Sometimes the opener element just won't show its window for some reasons.

Thanks in advance guys,
Francis

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2011, 11:41 AM

Hi Francis,

I will address the issues in the order you entered them:

1) The wrong height for the maximized window is a known issue under IE9 and it has been fixed in the latest release (Q1 2011 SP2).

2) When the RadWindow is minimized only its titlebar should be visible.Trying to open it again without closing it first is not a correct scenario as the opener code would try to set the required size, while the CSS class for the minimized window is still applied and allows for a smaller size, which will result in a conflict.

3) The way the opener element works is to attach a client-side handler to the said element and show the window through JavaScript, thus this cannot be avoided. You can work around that if you use your own JavaScript function (as explained below) and check if it is closed before opening it (by using the isClosed() method)

4) The OpenerElementID property should be used in simple scenarios and is not absolutely guaranteed to work in INaming containers, with AJAX callbacks and/or when some other custom logic can overwrite the handlers or dispose the objects (the RadWindow and/or the opener element)

The general suggestion I can give is to use a client-side event handler and an explicit JavaScript function to open the window, as you can perform some custom logic there, set the RadWindow properties accordingly, etc. For example:

<asp:Button ID="Button1" Text="Open Window" runat="server" OnClientClick="OpenWidnow(); return false;" />

function OpenWidnow()
{
    //custom logic here
    $find("<%=RadWindow1.ClientID %>").show();
}

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2013, 08:00 PM
I recently moved a RadWindow out of a RadWindowManager and now I am getting a JavaScript error in the "get_defaultMinWidth" method of the Telerik JS code...

get_defaultMinWidth:function(){
if
(!this._defaultMinWidth){var c=this._getHandlesWidth();
this._defaultMinWidth=c;
if(this._visibleTitlebar){var e=this._tableElement;
var g=this._getTitleElement();
var d=g.style.width;
if(g){g.style.width="1px";
}if(this._dockMode){this._contentElement.style.width="1px";
}e.style.width="1px";
var f=this._titleCell.offsetWidth;
g.style.width=d;
e.style.width="";
if(this._dockMode){this._contentElement.style.width="";
}this._defaultMinWidth+=f;
}}return this._defaultMinWidth;
}

It crashes on "this._contentElement.style.width="1px";" because the "this._contentElement" is null!

Here's my markup...
<telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="dlgPerson" ClientIDMode="Static"
        Behaviors="Close,Resize,Move"
        DestroyOnClose="True"
        IconUrl="/Content/Icons/User-blue_16x16.png"
        Modal="True"
        Title="Person"
        VisibleStatusbar="False"
        Height="350"
        Width="250">
        <ContentTemplate>

I have no idea why this is happening all the sudden when it WAS working just fine inside the RadWindowManager.  I moved it out because I really need to use a standard UpdatePanel.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2013, 08:54 PM
I've noticed that I get this JS error anytime I specify the ContentTemplate.  If I take the Content Template out, the error stops.  But that doesn't help me since I need content!
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2013, 11:57 AM
Hello Time,

Please remove the ClientIDMode="Static" setting and see if this helps. Complex container controls (like RadWindow) do not support this setting and MS also advise that it should not be set for containers (i.e. INamingContainer).

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2013, 01:26 PM
Thank you, that works.  I never would have thought that would be an issue.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Francis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1