Sharepoint 2007 Farm configuration questions

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Walt
    Walt  avatar
    3 posts

Posted 30 Nov 2007 Link to this post

I understand "how" to modify the ToolsFile.xml, ConfigFile.xml, and other files to get the radEditor configured for my user community.

Two questions:

1) How does Telerik recommend that I replicate these modified configuration files to each of my Farm's web front ends? (besides manually copying them across each WFE)

2) Where can I place these modified files so that when I join a new server to the farm, and the radEditor soultion is deployed to this new server, it has my customized files in the deployment?

2. Lini
    Lini avatar
    2144 posts

Posted 03 Dec 2007 Link to this post

1) Until now, we have recommended to our customers to choose one of the web front-end servers and make changes to the editor configuration files there. After that, you should schedule a task to propagate those changes to the other servers. You can use the windows task scheduler and create a small batch job using xcopy. The xcopy command has a /D option that will copy files only if they are newer than the ones at the destination.

2) if you want to make some default changes to the configuration files, you can just repack the solution (.wsp file) and add them there. This way the changes will be applied immediately after you join a new server and deploy the solution there. The .wsp file is actually a normal windows cabinet file (.cab) so you can extract it with most archiving software (or windows cabinet viewer). You can also use the makecab utility to create a new .cab file later with the changes.

the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center