Have you tried to edit the ControlTemplate of the RadTreeViewItem in ExpressionBlend following the approach described here? In the RadTreeViewItem template there are MouseOverVisual andSelectedVisual elements, that define the borders displayed during the Selected and MouseOvervisual states of the control.
When you edit the ControlTemplate of the RadTreeViewItem in Blend, all related resources should be generated as well, including the following brushes:
- ControlSubItem_OuterBorder_MouseOver - defines the MouseOver state outer border color
- ControlSubItem_InnerBorder_MouseOver - defines the MouseOver state inner border color
- ControlSubItem_Background_MouseOver - defines the MouseOver state background color
- ControlSubItem_OuterBorder_Selected - defines the Selected state outer border color
- ControlSubItem_InnerBorder_Selected - defines the Selected state inner border color
- ControlSubItem_Background_Selected - defines the Selected state background color
Since the MouseOver/Selected background colors are defined by theControlSubItem_Background_MouseOver and ControlSubItem_Background_SelectedLinearGradientBrushes, if you want to keep the borders and remove only the background colors, you can replace these brushes with SolidColorBrushes with Transparent color:
I have also attached a sample project illustrating this approach.
Of course this can be done via our Implicit Styles mechanism - for the purpose you'll need to edit the ControlTemplate of RadTreeViewItem in Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.xaml file and merge the modified file in your App.xaml resources. For the purpose please follow this help topic. It is up to you to pick the most suitable approach for you - whether to modify the Color via Blend or via Implicit styles mechanism.
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Sign up for Free application insights >>