This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

SCRIPT5007 Error, IE 10

7 Answers 197 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rich
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rich asked on 04 Mar 2013, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I upgrade to IE 10 today and was debugging my website that uses Telerik AJAX Controls (Version 2011.2.915.40) and am getting a

JavaScript runtime error: SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'documentElement' of undefined or null reference
ScriptResource.axd, line 147 character 2

This happens when I click the arrow on the combobox (also happens when I hover over a RadGrid).
I noticed that it happens only when I am debugging the site on IE10 (Even happens if I choose 'Start without debugging' option in VS 2010).

If I host the site on IIS 7.5 and open it in IE 10, then I don't get the JavaScript error, however the combobox does not drop down.

This does not happen in any other browser (Firefox and Chrome).

I appreciate any suggestions to fix this.

Regards,

Yash

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 07 Mar 2013, 02:13 PM
Hi Yash,

This issue seems to the same as described in this article. Please test the suggested solution and let us know what is the result. If the issue still persists, I would like to ask you to open a support ticket, along with a runnable sample attached, demonstrating the faced exception.

Kind regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Piyushkumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I am having same issue. It works OK on IE10 compatibility mode, Chrome, FF etc. Issue is with IE 10 non-compatibility mode.

I tested the suggested solution. The sample page provided loads OK and works without any JavaScript error.
However, my combo-box error is still there. Here is my partial code. The error appears as soon as click on the dropdown.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddl1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" ExpandDirection="Up" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Names="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" NoWrap="true"></telerik:RadComboBox>

SelectedItems = ItemTypeList.GetItemTypeList()
        With ddl1
            .Items.Clear()
            .SelectedValue = Nothing
            .SelectedIndex = -1
            .DataSource = SelectedItems
            .DataTextField = "Name"
            .DataValueField = "INumber"
            .DataBind()
            .Items.Insert(0, New RadComboBoxItem("-- Select --", "0")) 
        End With

Thanks,
Piyush
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 08:28 AM
Hi Piyush,

This code seems to be working fine on IE 10 in Non-compatible mode. Please watch this video.
Which version of Telerik assemblies are you using? Please let me know if I had missed something in my tests.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Piyushkumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 01:58 PM
Hi Hristo,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

It is the latest version "2013.2.611.40". I just tried to change my existing asp.net DDL to RadComboBox and it started giving the said JS error.

The difference between my version and your video is..
   - I am NOT using asp.net RadScriptManager, RadStylesheetManager, RadAjaxManager, JQuery, Core.js
   - I am using asp.net script manager
   - I also do have <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="ddl1" EventName="SelectedIndexChanged" />

Can that make a difference ?

But I am glad that it is working as per your video.
I will try to fix it.

Thanks a lot
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Piyushkumar,

I don't think these differences could be the reason. See this video, the combo seems to be working correctly without them. Would you please provide a little bit more information about what else should be done to replicate the issue locally?

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Gregory
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Oct 2013, 01:12 PM
Hi Hristo,

I have the same exact issue as described by Yash. I just happen to upgrade to this version 2013.2.717.35 latetly and I'm getting the js error. All other browsers work fine including compatibility mode. It is just IE10 in native mode that is causing the problem.

I checked with Fiddler the trafic and I was able to see both MicrosoftAjax and MicrosoftAjaxWebForms javascripts. I though I might as well give a try to the hotfix Microsoft issued mentioned in the article you suggested. No luck either.

One thing I have to add here is the fact that I'm using the Telerik binaries for .Net 2.0 as we cannot upgrade yet to 4.0. Also, cannot use compatibility mode or other modes. We need to target IE10 native mode.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,
Greg.
Gregory
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Oct 2013, 10:02 AM
Please ignore my plevious post. It works fine now. I found out that I had messed up with the versions of the Telerik dlls.

Sorry for the confussion,
Greg
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Rich
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
Piyushkumar