Script Error

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dick
    Dick avatar
    36 posts

Posted 09 Jul 2010 Link to this post

We have a web application which has a masterpage in a subfolder. The Masterpage contains a RadScriptManager. See example below:

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>

When we run the page we get a script error Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function The RadControls on the page are unresponsive.

See attachment.

When i remove the ScriptManager Script References the error disappears but the RadControls are still unresposive.

When i move the pages to the root folder everything works fine.

How do we reference the Telerik assembly scripts in a Masterpage in a subfolder?
  2. Simon
    Admin
    Simon avatar
    2281 posts

Posted 12 Jul 2010 Link to this post

Hi Dick,

I tried this with a MasterPage in a sub-folder of the main project folder and a Content Page on the same level. I put the definition of the RadScriptManager you pasted here as well as a RadComboBox. When I ran the page the ComboBox worked normally.

Can you outline the structure of your project in more detail so that I try reproducing it on my side?

Kind regards,
    Simon
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017