Script Error

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dick
    Dick avatar
    36 posts

Posted 09 Jul 2010 Link to this post

We have a web application which has a masterpage in a subfolder. The Masterpage contains a RadScriptManager. See example below:

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />

When we run the page we get a script error Uncaught TypeError: Property '$' of object [object DOMWindow] is not a function The RadControls on the page are unresponsive.

See attachment.

When i remove the ScriptManager Script References the error disappears but the RadControls are still unresposive.

When i move the pages to the root folder everything works fine.

How do we reference the Telerik assembly scripts in a Masterpage in a subfolder?
  2. Simon
    Simon avatar
    2281 posts

Posted 12 Jul 2010 Link to this post

Hi Dick,

I tried this with a MasterPage in a sub-folder of the main project folder and a Content Page on the same level. I put the definition of the RadScriptManager you pasted here as well as a RadComboBox. When I ran the page the ComboBox worked normally.

Can you outline the structure of your project in more detail so that I try reproducing it on my side?

Kind regards,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner