This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sample no more work in 2.826, many pbs

9 Answers 80 Views
FormDecorator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
CSurieux asked on 31 Aug 2008, 05:44 PM
Hello,

Using Formdecorator is a very 'wild life' choice since its start in Promotheus.
In 2.826 even the telerik sample seem to stop working:
see StyleSheetManagerAndCombo which no more displays the combo button.

2.723 was Ok but with 2.826 everything is broken again, changing the DecoratedControl from 'all' to 'default' as indicated in another thread has no effect.

I have now stange behaviors, lot of pages displaying with error in IE7, decorations not applied after a postback, etc...

Again, all was working with 2.723

What to do, should I revert to 2.723 or is tehre now some fixe available.

Thanks
CS

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Brooks Talley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Aug 2008, 07:39 PM
Indeed.  I just fought a problem where FormDecorator wasn't skinning password fields properly, only to come here and find that it's broken on the demo page as well: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet/prometheus/FormDecorator/Examples/RegistrationForm/DefaultCS.aspx

CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 06:08 AM
Hello,
May be Telerik has already corrected but I don't see what is not working on the registation sample.
CS
Brooks Talley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 06:10 AM
The username box has rounded corners; the password boxes do not.  At least, on Firefox 3.0.1.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 06:12 AM
Ok, I see, another bad news.
CS
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 03:31 PM
Hi guys,

Brooks, currently RadFormDecorator does not decorate password fields - this feature will be implemented in the next service pack.

Christian - thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. It seems that the problem occurs only when the RadComboBox is placed in a fieldset.

We will do our best to fix the problem for the next service pack, and for now you can try the following workaround:
Important:place the style after the RadFormDecorator's declaration!

<style>
fieldset
{
    visibility:visible !important;
}
</style>

Sincerely yours,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Georgi,

Yes it is my case, all my combos with pbs are inside a fieldset and I have special styles for this fieldset and associated legends.
Same Pb for checkboxes that also break everything (I have opened a support ticket for this).

Concerning the fix you propose, I don't know how to apply it after the radformdecoretor declaration because :
1) I'am using a master page with themes
2) great part of this code is loaded dynamically in acsx controls.

Anyway thanks, hope the fixe will be soon.

CS
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2008, 01:54 PM
Hello Christian,

I assume that you have somewhere the formdecorator declared - just put it right after its declaration.

e.g.
<telerik:RadFormDecorator ...... />
<style>
fieldset
{
    visibility:visible !important;
}
</style>

If you still experience problems, please send us a sample project in a support ticket and we will check it.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nicholas Walker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2008, 03:34 PM
I am also having issues with 826.  The previous release seemed to work correctly.  When using formDecorator with RadGrid in Internet explorer 6, and 7, the text in both the header, and the body are completely blank.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2008, 06:56 AM
Hi Nicholas,

To fix the problem in the current version please set DecoratedControls to Default. We are working on RadFormDecorator and we will improve the behavior of the control in such scenario in the following update.

Regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Tags
FormDecorator
Asked by
CSurieux
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Brooks Talley
Top achievements
Rank 1
CSurieux
Top achievements