I used ="Rows Returned: " + Count(1) to get the record count in one of my reports. I put this into a text box at the top and at the bottom of the detail section. There appears to be a bug somewhere depending on the number of rows returned. I tested this varying the number of rows returned up to 4,000 and it worked great. Both the top and bottom row showed the same number and the count was correct. Then I upped the number of rows to 5,000 and got an interesting result. The top row showed a count of 4,552 and the bottom row showed a count of only 448. The actual count should have been 5,000.
What is happening here, and is there a fix for this or is this just too much data for the report designer to handle. I am using the Stand-Alone Report designer 22.214.171.124 from 9/1/2015.