This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Right to left problem in Chrome v. 22.0.1229.79 m

2 Answers 36 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Maziar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maziar asked on 29 Sep 2012, 08:00 AM
Hi dudes,
This is really interesting. We have built a web application which works in multiple languages, one of which is Farsi(Persian). In Farsi language, everything must be shown in Right-To-Left direction.

Everything was fine, until I notices a flaw this morning. In Right-To-Left TreeView, the icons for expanding the nodes are out-dented (i.e. just like they have negative margin-right values) and they are partly hidden.
After almost checking all the change-sets of our code for the last couple of weeks, I noticed that the problem is with the chrome version. In chrome version 21.* it works completely fine. But in the latest release it has the so called problem. 

I was going to report this to both Telerik and Google, and I think this bug is more related to Google than Telerik, But here is another silly problem we are facing. Because of some political reasons (The movie made against Islam and published in YouTube) we do not have access to Google's website in Iran (was that silly enough??).

So I don't know if we should do something about that in our own code (i.e. fix it by checking browser and using padding/margins) or Google and/or Telerik are going to do something about that.

Thanks,
Maziar

EDIT: A snapshot on RadTreeView demo page is also attached (taken from chrome v22)

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maziar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2012, 07:27 AM
Hi, 
Thanks for not replying my post. 

I fixed this by adding this CSS properties in my own code:

:root .RadTreeView_rtl .rtPlus:root .RadTreeView_rtl .rtMinus
{
    margin-left7px !important;
    margin-right-18px !important;
    right0 !important;
}

One of my colleges found out this is something to do with fixing something in opera in Telerik source code.

Anyway this was really disappointing ... 
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2012, 12:59 PM
Hello, Maziar.

This appears to be a bug, so I've logged the it in our PITS for fixing.

I should note that the time left until the 2012 Q3 release may not be enough for a fix and QA testing, so I can not guarantee that the fix will make it in the Q3 release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Zhekov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Maziar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maziar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team