This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ReportItem.parent.parent.DataObject equivalent in reporting 2016 R3

5 Answers 741 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
M asked on 22 Dec 2016, 07:43 PM
I have a expression in telerik reporting 2010 : ReportItem.Parent.Parent.DataObject.MyFields that I asign it as the datasource of a table in detail section of a subreport. It works fine in 2010 q2 . But in 2016 r3 I canot see any thing for the subreport. I know the problem is in the above expression . What is the equivalent of this expression in telerik reporting of 2016 r3 ? (In some parts I have until 5 .Parent)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 08:49 AM
Excuseme q2 2012
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 09:56 AM
In other hand in R3 2016 how we can Access to master report objects.(I can use reportItem.Parent.Parent.DataObject.MyField as datasorce of my table in the subreport in Q2 2012 for example)
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 12:03 PM

Hi To All

I resolve my problem. The problem was not for nested .Parent(s) .Problem was in assigning of datasource . in Q2 2014 we can asign our custom data source to this.DataSource in NeedDataSource method but in R3 2016 we must get the instance of the report (for example oReport) then asignning of the custom data to oReport.DataSource . 

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 23 Dec 2016, 02:31 PM
Hello M,

As of R3 2016, in events you can modify only processing elements - Changes on items in report events are not applied. If you need to use the NeedDatasource event, please check Using the NeedDataSource event to connect data.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Iron
answered on 26 Dec 2016, 12:33 AM

HI

I have met the same problem (NeedDatasource event) and was solved after reference this forum topic.

Thanks a lots.

Chris

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
M
Top achievements
Rank 1