render issue with using shared calendars with raddatepicker

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. David Avery
    David Avery avatar
    57 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2006

    Posted 09 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    I have a ticket on this, but I was wondering if anyone ever had this?  I have one page that is throwing a bunch of render errors ( dotnet 2.0)

    "there was an error rendering the control.  Check to make sure all properties are valid.  Exception was: system.web.httpexception(0x80004005)  Multiple controls with the same ID 'xchkDesignRental' were found.  Findcontrol requires that the controls have unique ID's."

    This is making me crazy.  The controls are uniquely named, here and in the designer.vb.  note I changed the name, and the pickers just show some other control name as the problem.  If I remove the shared element, they work in design mode.  They run properly even when they don’t render right.  below is a screenshot, followed by the definition.  I have tried replacing them to no avail.  My next step is to delete every control one after another to see if that helps.

    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpSetupDate" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" Width="100px"
    SharedCalendarID="calShared" Height="16px" DateInput-CssClass="textbox">

        <div style="displaynone">
            <telerik:RadCalendar ID="calShared" runat="server">
  2. Mira
    Mira avatar
    1124 posts

    Posted 11 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    Hello David ,

    Our system indicates that you have opened a support ticket concerning the same issue. In order to avoid duplicate posts, I suggest that we continue the communication in the support ticket.

    Kind regards,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
  4. David Avery
    David Avery avatar
    57 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2006

    Posted 11 Nov 2010 Link to this post

    I thought that someone else might want to chime in, and it might serve to document an issue.  I found the issue, only by parsing out the generated HTML.  It seems that another vendor's accordion control, when wrapping your controls, caused some "state" hidden fields to be generated that were not getting uniquely named.  I only found this by stripping down wholesale controls by type.  In retrospect I should have done that to begin with.
Back to Top