This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindowManager Throwing Exception in VS2012

1 Answer 55 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kim asked on 21 Sep 2013, 05:15 PM

I created a project in VS2012 and targeted .Net 4.0. Added a form, added a Rad script manager and a window manager, clicked run and the follow errors show in the output window.

Exception was thrown at line 4, column 9009 in http://localhost:19613/ScriptResource.axd?d=yg86TPrIfM9jRgrel4x6P1iZbfu-fa3cROoywpu6ucwaO_bk85riyrR2epWADAA0rhAc0WVjgMEpbnYB3UowXVEUWZVRH-vLIncozmzJ5gmhlYI70zc75I04bmQRM030PXQQhUKfigr3trqM_3ulqA2&t=658b77c2
0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError
Exception was thrown at line 4, column 9238 in http://localhost:19613/ScriptResource.axd?d=yg86TPrIfM9jRgrel4x6P1iZbfu-fa3cROoywpu6ucwaO_bk85riyrR2epWADAA0rhAc0WVjgMEpbnYB3UowXVEUWZVRH-vLIncozmzJ5gmhlYI70zc75I04bmQRM030PXQQhUKfigr3trqM_3ulqA2&t=658b77c2
0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

I then opened the project in VS2010, clicked run and no errors.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2013, 03:00 PM
Hello Kim,

I tried to reproduce the problem, but to no avail.

Currently I can only make assumptions why this issue is encountered. You could try the following:
  • Check if all references are with correct paths to the GAC or to the folder they used to refer;
  • Check if the Web application's target framework is set to 4.0 in its properties and accordingly in the web.config file;
  • Is the problem reproducible with the built-in ASP.NET controls? If it is then this might be more related to a Visual Studio configuration problem;
  • Are there differences in the application settings or the configuration between VS2010 and VS2012?

If the problem appears only with our controls it would be helpful if you could provide a simple locally runnable project, which isolates the problematic field, so that I could investigate this on my end.

Note that the errors pointed out in your message differ from the ones in the provided snapshot. Could you please determine which are the thrown errors and are they thrown in the browser's dev toolbar or the Visual Studio's output view?

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Kim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or