This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindow Javascript Error

7 Answers 148 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joshua asked on 02 Jul 2013, 08:40 PM
I'm getting an error when I try to perform radconfirm from a page that is already a popup attached is a sample of what I'm trying to do and the error will occur once you run the program.

How to replicate below:

Step 1. A page that has an ajaxpanel with a radwindowmanager outside of the ajaxpanel and a button
Step 2.In the button click event call javascript that is within a radcodeblock that calls the javascript below

function launchModalWindow(args, height, title) {

var oWnd = $find("<%= popupEditContactWindow.ClientID %>");

oWnd.set_behaviors('None');

oWnd.set_height(height);

oWnd.set_title(title);

oWnd.setUrl(args);

oWnd.show();

return false;

Step4. In Step 3 button click event I call the javascript below :

function launchModalWindow(message, callback, title) {

radconfirm(message, callback, 330, 100, null, title);

return false;

}

}

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 02:09 PM
Hello Joshua,

I am aware of one similar case that is caused by a browser bug in IE9 and IE10. The situation, and the possible workarounds, are described in detail here: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/window/modal-radwindow-in-radwindow-in-ie9-and-ie10.aspx.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2013, 07:23 PM
Hello,
I attempted all the proposed solutions and none of them seem to work can u please send me a fully functional example of this working.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 11:12 AM
Hello Joshua,

The KB article I linked to contains examples that can be used as base to incorporate the appropriate fix in your case. The links to download them are at the end of the article itself. For your convenience I am also attaching them here.

I can also suggest you try the LIB we uploaded yesterday, because we attempted to work around the browser issue and our test so far show that the error can be avoided. This fix shall also be available in the official Q2 2013 SP1 release that is due next week.

If neither the samples from the KB, nor the LIB help I advise that you send me the problematic page (or rather - a version I can run) so I can examine the exact case in which the error occurs instead of just guess based on previous experience unrelated with your project.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 09:11 PM
I would love to send you the file, but I can't through this site. It's a .rar file about 4.8 mb. How can I get it over to you?
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2013, 12:25 PM
Hello Joshua,

You can open a support ticket from your account and send us a sample there. It is accessible only for you and if there is some proprietary code you do not want public it will remain private.

Also, have you tried the LIB, as I suggested, to see if it fixes your issue? You can also test the service pack release planned for tomorrow, as it will also contain this fix.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Pankaj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Oct 2013, 01:34 PM
Hi telerik team,

I am using telerik
Version=2011.1.426.35

errrors--
SCRIPT5022: InvalidCharacterError 
SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'src' of undefined or null reference 
and got the error in IE9 or 10 can you provide any fix for this ASAP 

The code which i am using is--

</a><span><a href="javascript:;" onclick="return OpenWindow(0);">Request Demo</a>
</a><span><a href="javascript:;" onclick="return OpenWindow(1);">Watch vedio</a>

<telerik:RadWindowManager Behaviors="Close" ID="RadWindowManager" runat="server"
        VisibleStatusbar="false" VisibleOnPageLoad="false">
        <Windows>
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="winRequestDemo" VisibleOnPageLoad="false" Title="Request a Demo or more Information"
                NavigateUrl="~/PopupRequestDemo.aspx" runat="server" Width="850px" Height="640px"
                Modal="true" ReloadOnShow="true">
            </telerik:RadWindow>
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="winPopupVideoPlayer" VisibleOnPageLoad="false" Title="Product Video"
                NavigateUrl="~/PopupVideoPlayer.aspx" runat="server" Width="600px" Height="575px"
                Modal="true" ReloadOnShow="true">
            </telerik:RadWindow>
        </Windows>
    </telerik:RadWindowManager>

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            function OpenWindow(windowIndex) {
                //get the current windows collection
                var manager = $find("<%=RadWindowManager.ClientID %>");
                var windows = manager.get_windows();
                var win = windows[windowIndex];

if (!win.isVisible()) {
                    win.show();
                    win.center();
                }
                return false;
            }
        </script>
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>

Thanks
Pankaj
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2013, 08:40 AM
Hi Pankaj,

Your other thread holds my answer: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/error-in-opening-rad-window.aspx.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Tags
Window
Asked by
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1