Radwindow bug in latest Chrome - v25.0.1364.97

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ruth
    Ruth avatar
    1 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2013 Link to this post

We have a radwindow within a variable width site, we open the RadWindow as follows:
    var oWindow = window.radopen(url, null);

And then set the width & height:

oWindow.setSize(width, height);

When the above runs it adds an inline width attribute to the RadWindowWrapper element with a width of 15016px so the window is stupidly large.

This only happens in the latest version of Google Chrome which was released on 21st Feb 2013.

I could do with a fix for this asap as the RadWindow has been used throughout our site and is currently unusable in Chrome.

2. Marin Bratanov
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3567 posts

Posted 26 Feb 2013 Link to this post

Hi Ruth,

Can you confirm the width you pass is correct in the problematic scenario? I have just tested your code snippets and things appear to be working fine with me. I advise that you debug your code and see what values get passed to the RadWindow. In case you pass correct values could you post the modifications needed for my code to show the problem:
    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" Text="open RW" OnClientClick="openRw(); return false;" runat="server" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function openRw()
            var url = "http://www.bing.com/";
            var oWindow = window.radopen(url, null);
            var width = 600;
            var height = 400;
            oWindow.setSize(width, height);

You can also find attached a video from one of my tests.

You can also try disabling any browser plugins/addons, because they sometimes inject scripts on the page and this can break functionality or cause JS errors.

Marin Bratanov
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner