This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radwindow bug in latest Chrome - v25.0.1364.97

1 Answer 79 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ruth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ruth asked on 25 Feb 2013, 05:18 PM
Hi

We have a radwindow within a variable width site, we open the RadWindow as follows:

var oWindow = window.radopen(url, null);

And then set the width & height:

oWindow.setSize(width, height);

When the above runs it adds an inline width attribute to the RadWindowWrapper element with a width of 15016px so the window is stupidly large.

This only happens in the latest version of Google Chrome which was released on 21st Feb 2013.

I could do with a fix for this asap as the RadWindow has been used throughout our site and is currently unusable in Chrome.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Ruth,

Can you confirm the width you pass is correct in the problematic scenario? I have just tested your code snippets and things appear to be working fine with me. I advise that you debug your code and see what values get passed to the RadWindow. In case you pass correct values could you post the modifications needed for my code to show the problem:
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">
</telerik:RadWindowManager>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" Text="open RW" OnClientClick="openRw(); return false;" runat="server" />
<script type="text/javascript">
    function openRw()
    {
        var url = "http://www.bing.com/";
        var oWindow = window.radopen(url, null);
        var width = 600;
        var height = 400;
        oWindow.setSize(width, height);
    }
</script>

You can also find attached a video from one of my tests.

You can also try disabling any browser plugins/addons, because they sometimes inject scripts on the page and this can break functionality or cause JS errors.

Greetings,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Ruth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or