The idea of playing around with certain skins didn't sound appealing to me since I didn't know much about them and the sample skins looked like nothing I was interested in.
OK, so Here's the CSS code I ended up using to solve the problem of an extra textbox and an extra select button from showing up:
.ruInputs, .ruInputs li
; //this removed the extra li dot
; //this removed the extra
; //since I had multiple input type=
tags on the
//page besides the RadUpload, I wrapped the RadUpload
//in a DIV tag, named it
and selected out its
//inner input type=
Hopefully some poor soul will see this post and not have to spend forever trying to figure it out.