This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadScheduler for SP2010 - header date format

3 Answers 50 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jonathan asked on 25 Apr 2014, 01:08 PM
Hello,

I am trying to configure the SP RadScheduler webpart but I cannot get the date in the header to display dd/mm/yyyy in Week view. I have checked all the timezone and regional settings for the site and these are English (United Kingdom) and GMT. Yet the date in the Week view header still displays mm/dd/yyyy. How can this be corrected?

In addition, I don't want Saturday or Sunday to display and I want to prevent users changing the view (needs to be Week view only). Although it is possible to configure in the ASP.NET RadScheduler, these settings are not available in the SP webpart version. How can I get the same functionality in the SP webpart version of RadScheduler?

Thanks,
Jonathan

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2014, 08:59 AM
Hello Jonathan,

I would like to confirm that the Scheduler web part does not offer all available options for editing or setting the RadScheduler properties. An easy and convenient way to be able to edit or set all available options for the RadScheduler is to create your own web part project and place the RadScheduler control and use the following stettings in order to achieve the desired functionality:
//markup code
<telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server">
    <DayView UserSelectable="false" />
    <MonthView UserSelectable="false" />
    <TimelineView UserSelectable="false" />
    <WeekView ColumnHeaderDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" />
</telerik:RadScheduler>

Please note that hiding a specific days from the calendar area is not supported scenario, but you can apply a custom class for those days and disable them using styles. Please refer to this demo for more information. If you need any further assistance please clarify what data source you use in order to populate the RadScheduler control.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2014, 01:26 PM
Hello Boyan.

I had already created a custom web part using RadScheduler but found this was not nearly as responsive as the SPRadscheduler version.

Thanks for your help.
Jonathan

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2014, 03:09 PM
Hello,

I would like to clarify that both the SPRadscheduler web part and the RadScheduler control wrapped in custom web part should behave same way to browser changes. As I mentioned in my last response if you want to set some advanced settings such like week view date column header format or hide a specific view please use the RadScheduler control wrapped in custom web part.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1