RadPane visual issue after update to 2023.3.1114

2 Answers 26 Views
Docking
Stijn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Stijn asked on 18 Dec 2023, 11:02 AM

The screenshot shows the application with the 2023.3.1009 build and on the right with the new 2023.3.1114 build.

As you can see on the bottom of the radpane the is now a blue strip in front of the control.
What do i need o check or change to get rid of that again and have the same result as before?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Masha
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2023, 06:09 AM

Hi Stijn,

I've tested the docking feature with version 2023.3.114, but I couldn't reproduce the described issue on my end. Could you please share the RadDocking xaml from your side? Additionally, could you specify if this behavior occurs during loading or when dragging and pinning the RadDocking pane?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Masha
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Stijn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 19 Dec 2023, 06:16 AM

This is the RadDocking part of the xaml.
The content is set in code behind, but that is just assigning it to the correct region

<telerik:RadDocking Name="DockManagerMain" Margin="-2,-2,-5,-2" BorderBrush="#FF89B8D7" BorderThickness="2" Grid.Row="1" ClipToBounds="True">
            <telerik:RadDocking.Background>
                <LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="0.5,1" StartPoint="0.5,0">
                    <LinearGradientBrush.RelativeTransform>
                        <TransformGroup>
                            <ScaleTransform CenterX="0.5" CenterY="0.5"/>
                            <SkewTransform CenterX="0.5" CenterY="0.5"/>
                            <RotateTransform Angle="-90" CenterX="0.5" CenterY="0.5"/>
                            <TranslateTransform/>
                        </TransformGroup>
                    </LinearGradientBrush.RelativeTransform>
                    <GradientStop Color="#FF4E75A7" Offset="1"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#FFAED1FD"/>
                </LinearGradientBrush>
            </telerik:RadDocking.Background>
            <telerik:RadSplitContainer InitialPosition="DockedLeft" Orientation="Vertical" telerik:DockingPanel.InitialSize="250,250">
                <!--<telerik:RadPaneGroup x:Name="leftEdgeDockLocation" Margin="-5,-5,0,-5" TabOrientation="Horizontal" MinWidth="30" >
                    <telerik:RadPane x:Name="TopLeftRegion_Location" Header="Location" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="TopLeftRegion_Location" CanUserClose="False" IsPinned="True" CanFloat="False" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch" />
                </telerik:RadPaneGroup>-->
                <telerik:RadPaneGroup x:Name="leftEdgeDock" Margin="-4,-5,0,-5" TabOrientation="Horizontal" MinWidth="30">
                    <telerik:RadPane x:Name="TopLeftRegion" Header="Navigation" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="TopLeftRegion" CanUserClose="False" IsPinned="{Binding NavigationIsCollapsed}" CanFloat="False" CanDockInDocumentHost="False" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch"/>
                    <!--<telerik:RadPane x:Name="TopLeftRegion_Reporting" Header="Reporting" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="TopLeftRegion_Reporting" CanUserClose="False" IsPinned="False" CanDockInDocumentHost="False" CanFloat="False" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch" />-->
                </telerik:RadPaneGroup>
            </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
            <telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                <telerik:RadSplitContainer>
                    <telerik:RadPaneGroup x:Name="TopEdgeDock" Margin="-1,-4,-4,-5" BorderThickness="0" TabOrientation="Horizontal" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="REGION_DockingArea" Background="Transparent">
                        <!--<telerik:RadPane Header="Default" PaneHeaderVisibility="Collapsed" CanUserClose="False"/>-->
                    </telerik:RadPaneGroup>
                </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
            </telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
        </telerik:RadDocking>

Stenly
Telerik team
commented on 21 Dec 2023, 03:02 PM

The observed behavior comes from a fix that we made regarding the following bug:

Docking: Placing RadPaneGroup instances in a SplitContainer with Orientation="Vertical" causes flicker when resizing a RadPaneGroup with the ShowResizePreview="False" with the VisualStudio2019 theme (telerik.com)

Generally, now, when the RadSplitContainer's Orientation property is set to Vertical, the calculation of the height of its child elements takes their Margin property's Top and Bottom values into account. Since these values are negative, it causes the observed cropping.

With this in mind, I have logged a new bug report in our feedback portal regarding this behavior. It can be found at the following link:

Docking: RadPaneGroup with negative Margin.Top and Margin.Bottom in a RadSplitContainer with Orientation="Vertical" crops the height of the container (telerik.com)

As a token of gratitude for sharing this with us, I have updated your Telerik points.

In the meantime, as a workaround, may I ask if it would be possible to try and set the Margin property of the RadPaneGroup to "0"? This way, the observed behavior will no longer be present. However, the RadPaneGroup will not have its current position as in the image that shows the result prior to the upgrade to the latest version.

Tags
Docking
Asked by
Stijn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Masha
Telerik team
Stijn
Top achievements