This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadMenu Office 2007 as base skin

7 Answers 165 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nitin asked on 30 Sep 2010, 09:03 PM
Hi,

I am trying to create custom skin from office2007 as base skin, I need to change the default blue color to gray for RadMenu control though its always showing in blue theme and not changing to gray color as shown in attached image.

Thanks
Nitin

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 07:18 AM
Hi Nitin,

There is no real-time preview during colorization. Pick a color, click on "Apply", then click on "Save" (on the bottom-right) and you will see a preview. Then you can download the skin via the "Download" button on the top-right.

Sincerely yours,
Dimo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 08:07 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I already did all the steps mentioned above, to clarify my problem I am listing the steps I tried below:

1. Click on New Skin option.
2. Enter skin name and select Office2007 as base skin.
3. Select Menu control.
4. Click on "Create" button
4. Enter the base color as "#717171" for Menu control (as shown in previous post).
5. Click on "Save" button.
6. Preview screen doesn't have shows gray color ("#717171) as menu background color. (attached is the preview screenshot).

kindly let me know if I am missing any step.

Thanks
Nitin
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Nitin,

A RadControls skin includes a variety of colors. By setting a base color you obtain a new skin, which contains a new color scheme obtained by mathematical change of all previous colors to new colors. You cannot expect the new base color to be applied to a specific element. To achieve this, you should use the Fine Tune mode of the Visual Style Builder tool.

Regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 10:00 AM
Hi,

I also tried the fine tune option also, but didn't get succeed to get the desired result.

I need the office2007 theme blue to be replaced by gray color, could you please let me know the steps to achieve the same using visual style builder.

Thanks
Nitin
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 10:45 AM
Hi Nitin,

"I need the office2007 theme blue to be replaced by gray color"

The steps are the same as the ones that you have listed previously. Did you download the modified skin that you have created? Did you apply it on a test page to see how it looks like?

http://www.telerik.com/ClientsFiles/221935_preview.jpg

What is the difference between the above preview and the result that you are after? Do you have a design?

Dimo
the Telerik team
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi,

I am trying to achieve sometime like as attached image "finaltheme.jpg" on office2007 skin though the custom skin I am creating using visual style builder coming as "customtheme.jpg".

Thanks
Nitin
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi Nitin,

The color scheme shown on "final theme" cannot be achieved by simple colorization of the Office2007 skin. You should use the "Fine Tune" mode and define explicit background colors, background images and text colors for the different RadMenu elements.

An alternative option is to create the custom skin manually, as demonstrated at:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/menu_appearancecreatingacustomskin.html

All the best,
Dimo
the Telerik team
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1