This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGridView inside a TabItem (PageDown key problem)

1 Answer 66 Views
TabControl
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alexander
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alexander asked on 24 Aug 2011, 03:12 PM
Hi everyone,
In our application we use a RadTabControl. In one RadTabItem as a content is set a RadGridView, as in code below:
<UserControl x:Class="Test.MainPage"
    mc:Ignorable="d"
    xmlns:local="clr-namespace:Test"
    d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="400">

<UserControl.DataContext>
        <local:MainPageViewModel />
    </UserControl.DataContext>

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
        <telerik:RadTabControl>
            <telerik:RadTabItem Header="Phones">
                 <telerik:RadGridView ItemsSource="{Binding Phones}"></telerik:RadGridView>
            </telerik:RadTabItem>
        </telerik:RadTabControl>
    </Grid>
</UserControl>
The problem appears when user selects the first row and presses <PageDown> key on keyboard, there is now scroll. Instead it changes the selected item from the first to the last item in visible area and back. If user selects other row than first and presses <PageDown>, the first row is selected and then behavior is the same as in first case
Note: This problem appears only for RadGridViews placed in TabItems

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2011, 04:13 PM
Hello Alexander,

I'm not sure if I got you right. Are you saying that the GridView does not perform scroll when PageDown is clicked? Instead the selected row jumps between the first and last rows inside the visible area. If this is the case then I'm on the right road.

However, I've created a sample project in order to simulate the issue but with no success. Can you please elaborate a bit more on the issue or take a look at the attached project and modify it in a way to repro the issue?

Greetings,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
TabControl
Asked by
Alexander
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Share this question
or