RadEditor in SharePoint2010

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sayali
    Sayali avatar
    2 posts

Posted 09 Jan 2012 Link to this post

RadEditor Styles issue:

I am using RadEditorSharePoint (5.8.11.0) in my SharePoint2010 environment. I am facing this weird issue with RadEditor styles.

1. Type some text in RadEditor while SharePoint page is in edit mode.
    2. Before applying RadEditor styles to the text I see following styles:

Attachment 1

a.         a. Notice the class applied to the DIV:  reContentArea, reContentAreaToggle.
            b. Also, notice overflow:auto property.

3. Now, select the text in the RadEditor and change the style using RadEditor menu.

4. After changing the styles, following is observed:
    Attachment 2

a.       Notice now the class applied to DIV. It is “ms-rteStyle-Caption”.

b.      Also, overflow:auto property is missing.

5. After this particular operation, if we type extended text in the RadEditor, it overlaps of the other content of the page. (Because overflow property no more exists in styles)

Need your inputs on this issue.

2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12846 posts

Posted 11 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

RadEditor for MOSS 5.8.x is specifically designed for SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) and it should not be used in SharePoint 2010 environment.

To fix the reported problem you should upgrade to the latest version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 which is part of the Q3 2011 SP1 release. You can find installation and upgrade instructions in the following online help articles:
    Installing RadEditor & RadGrid Web Parts on SharePoint 2010
    and
    Upgrading to a newer version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010.

Best regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now

3. Sayali
    Sayali avatar
    2 posts

Posted 11 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

When I verified the version of the DLL, I am using 6.1.7.x . Please disregard earlier version information given in the thread.
  4. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12846 posts

Posted 16 Jan 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information.

I was able to reproduce the problem not only in SharePoint but in the regular RadEditor and logged it for fixing in our bug tracking system. Here you can find the PITS Issue: Public URL.

We do appreciate your feedback and I updated your Telerik points.

Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now