This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor in SharePoint2010

3 Answers 50 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sayali
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sayali asked on 09 Jan 2012, 02:09 PM

RadEditor Styles issue:

I am using RadEditorSharePoint (5.8.11.0) in my SharePoint2010 environment. I am facing this weird issue with RadEditor styles.

1. Type some text in RadEditor while SharePoint page is in edit mode.
2. Before applying RadEditor styles to the text I see following styles:

Attachment 1

a.         a. Notice the class applied to the DIV:  reContentArea, reContentAreaToggle.
        b. Also, notice overflow:auto property.

3. Now, select the text in the RadEditor and change the style using RadEditor menu.

4. After changing the styles, following is observed:
Attachment 2

a.       Notice now the class applied to DIV. It is “ms-rteStyle-Caption”.

b.      Also, overflow:auto property is missing.

5. After this particular operation, if we type extended text in the RadEditor, it overlaps of the other content of the page. (Because overflow property no more exists in styles)

Need your inputs on this issue.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 02:36 PM
Hello,

RadEditor for MOSS 5.8.x is specifically designed for SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) and it should not be used in SharePoint 2010 environment.

To fix the reported problem you should upgrade to the latest version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 which is part of the Q3 2011 SP1 release. You can find installation and upgrade instructions in the following online help articles:
Installing RadEditor & RadGrid Web Parts on SharePoint 2010
and
Upgrading to a newer version of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Sayali
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 06:37 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

When I verified the version of the DLL, I am using 6.1.7.x . Please disregard earlier version information given in the thread.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2012, 11:43 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the provided information.

I was able to reproduce the problem not only in SharePoint but in the regular RadEditor and logged it for fixing in our bug tracking system. Here you can find the PITS Issue: Public URL.

We do appreciate your feedback and I updated your Telerik points.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Sayali
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Sayali
Top achievements
Rank 1