RadEditor doesn't load with Forms Auth

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Geoffrey Duke
    Geoffrey Duke avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2009

    Posted 23 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    I have a WSS 3 farm, with both Windows and forms-based authentication enabled through different sites which access the same content. RadEditor is functioning correctly with Windows authentication, but users who authenticate via forms get only a blank editing field that doesn't respond.

    I used Firebug, to which I'm very new, to examine a site from both perspectives. I have noticed that when I list the scripts retrieved via the forms auth site, I have no ScriptResource.axd... items. In contrast, the windows auth site lists 16 different ScriptResource.axd items.

    I'm not sure what would cause this issue. I'm not getting any access denied errors. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?

    Many thanks,

  2. Stanimir
    Stanimir avatar
    1653 posts

    Posted 24 Dec 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Geoffrey,
    Could you send me the web.config file of your site? This way I will be able to try reproducing the issue on our test server.
    Thank you.

    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.

  3. Geoffrey Duke
    Geoffrey Duke avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2009

    Posted 05 Jan 2010 Link to this post

    Problem solved. We found that we didn't have the proper entry in the web.config file for the site that uses forms authN. We added

    <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" /> 
    to that web.config on the two servers in ou farm and now RadEditor loads successfully.
Back to Top