This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDateTimePicker validation

5 Answers 194 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prasad asked on 14 Dec 2010, 08:56 PM
RadDateTimepicker compare validation is not working properly even though it works fine for "RadDatePicker".can any one give me a solution for this? 
Thank you .

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Dec 2010, 10:48 AM
Hello Prasad,

I am not sure about your issue. Here is the code that I tried and it worked for me.

ASPX:
<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="RadDateTimePicker1" runat="server" Skin="Windows7">
</telerik:RadDateTimePicker>
<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="RadDateTimePicker2" runat="server" Skin="Windows7">
<asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator1" runat="server" ControlToCompare="RadDateTimePicker1" EnableClientScript="true" ControlToValidate="RadDateTimePicker2" ErrorMessage="GreaterThan" Type="String" Operator="Equal">
</asp:CompareValidator>

Please paste your code if it doesn't help.

Thanks,
Princy.
Andrew Dixon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Dec 2010, 04:29 AM
I'm having the same problem.  I recently change from using RadDatePicker to RadDateTimePicker and my compare validator has stopped working.

<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="rdtp_Start" runat="server" Width="200px">
    <DateInput ID="DateInput3" runat="server" DateFormat="<%$ Resources:Globals, DATETIME_FORMAT %>" DisplayDateFormat="<%$ Resources:Globals, DATETIME_FORMAT %>" ></DateInput>
    <TimeView ID="TimeView2" runat="server" StartTime="00:00:00" Interval="00:30:00" EndTime="23:45:00" Columns="4" RenderDirection="Vertical" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfv_Start" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please select a start date" ControlToValidate="rdtp_Start"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="rdtp_End" runat="server" Width="200px">
    <DateInput ID="DateInput1" runat="server" DateFormat="<%$ Resources:Globals, DATETIME_FORMAT %>" DisplayDateFormat="<%$ Resources:Globals, DATETIME_FORMAT %>" ></DateInput>
    <TimeView ID="TimeView1" runat="server" StartTime="00:00:00" Interval="00:30:00" EndTime="23:45:00" Columns="4" RenderDirection="Vertical" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfv_End" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please select an end date" ControlToValidate="rdtp_End"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<asp:CompareValidator ID="cv_End" runat="server" ErrorMessage="End date must be after start date" EnableClientScript="true" ControlToValidate="rdtp_End" ControlToCompare="rdtp_Start" Type="Date" Operator="GreaterThan" ></asp:CompareValidator>

I've also tried a CustomValidator and had no luck with that either.

Thanks
Andrew
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 01:12 PM
Hello Prasad,

The RadDateTimePicker could not be correctly validated with Compare Validator due to the structure of the control. In order to handle the required functionality you should use Custom Validator. Please find attached a sample application which demonstrates this scenario. 

Regards,

Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
TheJGV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2013, 02:53 AM
Can RadDateTimePicker work with RangeValidator in order to validate MinDate and MaxDate values to RadDateTimePicker?

Can you please provide some example?

Thank you
juve
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Jan 2013, 04:50 AM
Hi,

With reference to this forum thread, Besides the visible input field that the user can type into, the RadDatePicker registers a hidden input field that is used for validation by the respective validation controls. When you set MinDate / MaxDate for the datepicker control and enter an invalid date (out-of-range), you can still see the erroneous output in the visible input field but the validation field (used by the validator controls) remains empty (after all there is NO valid selected date at the moment). Therefore RangeValidator is not activated as the only control that validates empty string is the RequiredFieldValidator.

Thanks,
Princy
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2