This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadConfirm Accept/Cancel buttons disabled since 2013 Q1 SP1

7 Answers 41 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daní asked on 30 Apr 2013, 01:11 PM
Hi,

I recently upgrade from 2012 Q2 SP1 version to current version (2013 Q1 SP1). After the upgrade, RadConfirm Accept/Cancel buttons appear disabled whenever a dialog is shown.

Does anybody faced this same issue and can share a workaround? It's a bit urgent as Test Team may not perform their tasks...

Thanks

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Apr 2013, 01:22 PM
Hi,

It seems that this behavior is extended to other controls. RadDataPager is also affected: forward buttons are disabled.
George
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2013, 10:42 AM
Hello DanĂ­,

We are not aware of such problem with RadControls. Can you give us some more information about which assemblies are used? Do you use xamlless or xamlful assemblies?

All the best,
George
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2013, 10:45 AM
I'm using xamlful? (classic way) controls. Current dlls version is 2013.1.103.1050. I'm using Windows 7 Theme

Thnks
Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2013, 02:16 PM
Hi,

Any progress in this issue? It's a bit urgent as I have to decide to downgrade (once more, we already rollback an upgrade due to a weird issue with screen tips image sizes) to 2012 Q2 SP1 in short.
George
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi DanĂ­,

As I noted in the previous post, we are not aware of such issue with RadControls. Can you reproduce the issue in a sample project? This will definitely help us in pinpointing the problem. Please, note that if the RadButton.Command property is bound to a command, and the command cannot be executed, the buttons will be disabled. 

I am glad to assist you further.

All the best,
George
the Telerik team

Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2013, 03:21 PM
Hi George,

I think I know what's happening with RadAlert, RadConfirm,... buttons in my app.

You can find the origin at this forum thread: Command.CanExecute() on RadButton inside RadBusyIndicator causes unexpected (wrong) behavior on RadButton.IsEnabled property

So, sometime ago, one of telerik's modification caused, sometimes, unexpected behavior in button's IsEnabled property. Sometimes, buttons with Command property set were enabled although the CanExecute command method returns false.

As you can observe in the thread, I created a custom behavior that was applied by default to all RadButtons and RadRibbonButtons in the application.

I think this behavior is causing that RadConfirm, RadAlert,... buttons appears disable. Probably you have modified the behavior of the IsEnabled property for buttons and now my behavior is invalidated.

So, can you confirm that actually IsEnabled property behaves as expected and that I can safely remove my custom behavior?

Thanks
George
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2013, 03:37 PM
Hi Dani,

We can confirm that this problem is fixed. Could you please give it a try and let us know if you continue experience any issues with RadControls.

Greetings,
George
the Telerik team

Tags
Window
Asked by
Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daní
Top achievements
Rank 1
George
Telerik team