This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadButtonClick event does not Works - Q1 2013

11 Answers 147 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dhamodharan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dhamodharan asked on 21 Feb 2013, 03:37 PM
Hi,

When i set validation group for rad button it wont fire server side click event.
If i remove the validation group it works fine.    

Thanks,
Dhamu

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 05:07 AM
Hi Dhamodharan,

Try including all the fields under the same ValidationGroup (along with the button) you need to validate on Click. Here is the mark up I tried which works fine for me.

ASPX:
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager2" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:Label ID="LabelUserName" runat="server" Text="UserName : "></asp:Label>
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server">
</telerik:RadTextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldUserName" runat="server" ControlToValidate="RadTextBox1"
    ValidationGroup="GroupLogin" ForeColor="Red">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<br />
<asp:Label ID="LabelPassword" runat="server" Text="Password : "></asp:Label>
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox2" runat="server" TextMode="Password">
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldPassword" runat="server" ControlToValidate="RadTextBox2"
    ValidationGroup="GroupLogin" ForeColor="Red">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<br />
<br />
<telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton1" runat="server" Text="Login" ValidationGroup="GroupLogin"
    CausesValidation="true" OnClick="RadButton1_Click">
</telerik:RadButton>

Thanks,
Princy.
Dhamodharan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2013, 09:38 AM
Hi Princy,

I tried the following codes.. its not working

Please check and  let me know what i missed.....

<table style="width: 520px;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
                                <tr>
                                    <td class="clsBorderTd" style="width: 5px">
                                         <asp:Label ID="lblSchName" runat="server" EnableViewState="False" Text="School Name "></asp:Label>
                                    </td>
                                    <td class="clsBorderTd" style="width: 70%">
                                         <asp:Label ID="lbl_SchName" runat="server" Font-Bold="False" SkinID="NoBold"
                                            Text=""></asp:Label>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                    <td class="clsBorderTd" style="width: 21%">
                                         <asp:Label ID="lblAddress1" runat="server" EnableViewState="False" Text="Address1"></asp:Label>
                                    </td>
                                    <td class="clsBorderTd" style="width: 29%">
                                         <asp:Label ID="lbl_Address1" runat="server" Font-Bold="False" SkinID="NoBold"
                                            Visible="true"></asp:Label>
                                        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="rtbAddress1" runat="server" Font-Bold="false" SkinID="noBold"
                                            Text="" Visible="false" Width="156px">
                                         <asp:Label ID="lblAddress1Err" runat="server" ForeColor="Red" Style="vertical-align: middle"
                                            Text="*" Width="9px"></asp:Label>
                                        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvAddress1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="rtbAddress1"
                                            Display="None" ErrorMessage="Please Enter Your Address1" Font-Size="8pt" ValidationGroup="Validate"> </asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
 <tr>
                                    <td align="center" colspan="2">
                                        <table align="center">
                                            <tr>
                                                <td>
                                                    <asp:ValidationSummary ID="vsError" runat="server" Font-Bold="true" Font-Names="Verdana"
                                                        Font-Size="8pt" Style="text-align: justify" ValidationGroup="Validate" ForeColor="Red" />
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                        </table>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
   <tr>
                                    <td align="center" colspan="2" style="height: 40px">
<telerik:RadButton ID="rbSave" runat="server"
                                            SkinID="btnSolid" Text="Save" Width="50px" ValidationGroup="Validate" CausesValidation="true"  OnClick="rbSave_Click">
                                        <telerik:RadButton ID="rbCancel" runat="server" OnClientClicked="CancelConfirmation"
                                            SkinID="btnSolid" Text="Cancel" Width="50px">
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
</table>
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 09:03 AM
Hi  All,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In Q1 2013 the Server-side OnClick event handler is not triggered. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming Q1 2013 SP1 as well as in the next internal builds.

For the time being you can use the workaround from this sticky thread.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dhamodharan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2013, 09:29 AM
Hi Danail Vasilev,

We are doing very costly application. and my team spend more times for this issue. please check once when you release new version and also check it should not affect previous version functionalities of controls. Please fix this issues ASAP.

Thanks,
Dhamodharan.S
Daiki
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 07:46 AM
This bug is causing us major headache as well. It is a major omission. The fact that it has not been detected before release indicates a serious flow in your Q.A. process.

Releasing new version at a high frequency is great but it should never be detrimental to the Q.A. process.

Having to wait another month is a truly damaging our daily work.

Thierry
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2013, 03:47 PM
Hi All,

The latest internal build has just been uploaded, so you can download it from here. The fixes of this and this issues have already been reflected in it.

Once again, excuse us for the caused inconvenience!

All the best,
Danail Vasilev
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2013, 08:38 PM
I've just updated to the latest build and I'm still seeing this issue. Where else can I look to troubleshoot?
It's happening in on an .ascx page that's being loaded into an .aspx page that uses a master page.
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2013, 11:14 AM
Hi Jason,

There seems to be an issue with the triggering of the OnClick event of the RadButton when its validation group property is set, however, it has already been fixed since 2013 Q1 SP1(version 2013.1.403). Nevertheless I have tried to reproduce the issue but to no avail. You can watch a short video with the test in the attached archive.

What I can suggest you is try the following steps:
  • Could you confirm that you have successfully referenced the location of the latest internal build dlls in your project? For example it is possible you have copied the internal build dlls to the BIN folder of your project, but the project itself is set to load the dlls not from the BIN folder but GAC, or vice versa. You can watch a short video on how to check that here.
  • Could you also check for the occurrence of any JavaScript errors that might be breaking the proper functionality of you page? If there are such errors you should find and fix them.

If the above steps, however, does not help could you please try to reproduce the issue with the attached example and then tell us what changes you have made so that we can make proceed with the investigation further?

All the best,
Danail Vasilev
the Telerik team
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2013, 01:36 PM
I just did a test to see if it was indeed Telerik causing this issue. Here's what I did:

1. Went to working Virtual Maching(VM) running version 2002.3.724.35
2. Tested buttons and found them working fine
3. Used the Telerik Upgrade Wizard, downloaded the latest version (this am's)
4. Completed the upgrade
5. Tested buttons and they are no longer working?

They Wizard should have added all of the necessary items and references right, so it's not HOW I upgraded, it's THAT I upgraded.

This is VERY frustrating. Deadlines are around the corner and I don't have time to troubleshoot stuff that should be working!
Jason
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 09 May 2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Jason,

I have tested the upgrade wizard and it seems to work properly on my side. It might be possible that you have upgraded to an older version of RadControls by choosing an existing version from the drop down in the upgrade wizard.

Note that in order to upgrade to the latest version (2013.1.417) you should initially download it. This can be done by either by clicking on the download button from the upgrade wizard or by downloading it from our web site with you credentials and then install it. This short video demonstrates how to download the latest version in our web site.

If you still have some issues with the upgrading of RadControls you can find helpful this blog posts that shows how to upgrade the version of your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 easy steps.

We look forward receiving your answer.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
the Telerik team
Maven
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Aug 2014, 01:33 PM
Hi,
              I faced this error. i think you written code like this at the end of the validation code   button2.set_autoPostBack(false);

so change autoPostback to true..  it will work definitely
Thanks,
Arun.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dhamodharan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2