1. balaji
    balaji avatar
    17 posts

Posted 20 Jan 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

I've rad splitter with two rad pane.

1st Pane has Radtreeview
    2nd Pane has Radgrid

I'm not able resize my radpane according to its content while expand/collapse .

I want radpane has to resize/adjust its height based on its content either treeview/radgrid's height

Plz help me on this.

regards
    Baaje
  2. Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

Posted 25 Jan 2011 Link to this post

Hi Baaje,

I believe the the following help article will be of help solving this case:
    Initially Resize the RadSplitter according to its content

You can use the approach for resizing the splitter and execute it during the RadPane's ClientCollapsed / ClientExplanded client-side events.

Regards,
    Dobromir
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. balaji
    balaji avatar
    17 posts

Posted 26 Jan 2011 Link to this post

hi

Thanx for ur reply. i've done with css "height:auto !important" property with help of ur forum.

regards,
    Balaji. R

5. Answer
    Dobromir
    Admin
    Dobromir avatar
    1633 posts

Posted 28 Jan 2011 Link to this post

Hi Balaji,

RadSplitter calculates the size of its components and relies on a pixel values to be fully functional. For example, features that require this are MinWidth, MaxWidth, MinHeight, MaxHeight, Scrolling.

Setting height:auto !important to the pane and splitter with CSS is possible solution, but this will approach can be used for very specific scenarios. If this solution works for you you can use it but we do not recommend this approach.

Kind regards,
    Dobromir
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.