Q2 2010 - Textbox decorator problem in IE7/8

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Georg
    Georg avatar
    12 posts

Posted 04 Sep 2010 Link to this post

i spent some time to see why this bug happens and i put together a small example. Perhaps you should do something about it.
    I atttached a snapshot of a simple textbox that breaks to the 100% width of the container it resides on if you hapen to use "table { width:100% }" inside a css file.

Here is the code:

<head runat="server">
        <style type="text/css">
            table { width:100%; }
        <style type="text/css">
            *html .rfdDecorated, 
            *html a.rfdSkinnedButton,
                vertical-align: top !important;
            *+html .rfdDecorated, 
            *+html a.rfdSkinnedButton
                vertical-align: top !important;
    <body style="background-color:#fff;">
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
            <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" />
            <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" runat="server" ShowChooser="false" Skin="Black" PersistenceMode="Cookie">
            <table style="width:100%; height:200px;" border="1">
                        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" style="width:200px;" />                

Thank you.

2. Fiko
    Fiko avatar
    1406 posts

Posted 09 Sep 2010 Link to this post

Hi George,

In IE browsers RadFormdecorator uses a table in order to show rounded corners. This is why the global setting for the tables:
        width: 100%;
    breaks the RadFirmDecorator's behavior. In your case you need to remove this global setting or add another one which will override it in order to set width:auto for the table used in the decorator:
        width: auto;

I hope this helps.

All the best,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner